Daily poll: When the temperature is so high, what time of day do you walk your bully?

When the temperature is so high, what time of day do you walk your bully?

• Early morning

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Early evening

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Late evening

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • We don't walk in the heat

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Other

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
When the temperature is so high, what time of day do you walk your bully?
attachment.php

:walk::walk::whew::mansfriend::mansfriend:

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
We live in central Maryland where the temps right now are in the 80's (90 on Wednesday) and the humidity is coming back. We let our bullies out in the yard and their activity is limited to going potty when there is high heat a humidity. Then back into the house for water. Our vet drilled into our heads that bullies do not do well in heat. If there is a walk, it will be in the early morning.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
No walks at this time of the year. Sometimes we play fetch for exercise in the yard in the evening but only if it has cooled off enough.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
When the temperatures are hot, we walk early in the morning, and again later in the evening when temperatures are a cooler. During the day it's out just to do potty.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
On the weekends I'll take them out around 6:45am-ish, and we usually walk for 20minutes. On weekdays we'll do it around 7pm, maybe for 15-20 min. Doesn't need to be a long walk at all...sometimes we just go to the corner and back. The humidity has been bad for us here (well, for CA anyways), and it's supposed to get to the upper 90's/low 100's this week!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
No walking here, over 100 for weeks now with humidity, it is outside to potty and in. We do wrestle and play fetch in the house though.

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
We try and walk every evening and if needed we wait until 9pm to go when the temps have dropped into the low to mid 80's. If it's warmer than that, we won't go. Our walks are about a half mile or longer in the winter and our pace is very slow. Mine usually don't even pant...it's that strenuous! Lol

We have an 11 yr old who lays around all day and we feel that these regular walks are important to get her up and moving. I also have a 7 yr old who runs and plays all day so she may not need them but she loves it.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I do not walk Elmo, he gets plenty of exercise on our 2/1/2 acres of land. He only goes out to get exercise when it is not hot, Elmo gets a lot of exercise running around the house playing with all of my others 4 legged babies.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
we walk in the mornings around 6:30 - 7AM. If i don't get them out of the house and their energy out, brutus becomes unruly.

JakeP

May 6, 2014
Burbank CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
When I walk Jake it's normally in the afternoon, though I've only done it twice.

We play catch in afternoon when I get home from work and that normally last 1-1/2 hours including training, the latter being just 2 minutes max.

Just too warm and he doesn't even want to go outside!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.