Daily poll: Has your bulldog had any formal training?

Has your bulldog had any formal training?

• Yes

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Has your bulldog had any formal training?
attachment.php

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Jewel went through the PetSmart training. She does pretty good at minding when she is on the leash but when off is another story. We make her sit before any people greetings. She can lay down, shake hands, crawl, and returns. She does not pull as much on the leash when walking. Although Bentley is almost nine months, he has not had any formal training. We just recently started to train and now he sits on command because he know daddy will give him a nice treat when he does sit.

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
He hasn't.
But I have.
And it's working if I keep at it.
I'm amazed how well behaved Walley-Bubba is now with a few simple changes and my dogging him with very, very firm training.
I have to keep at it though.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yes. she had puppy training. We haven't been able to do intermediate training yet because of the MRSA.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:rofl: :rofl:.... Banks.... :rofl:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm gonna wait till Wally is a bit older… Lol

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Ruthie no, cause she's good and listens.
brutus yes, but he's still bad and doesn't listen. Brutus does what he wants.

Snoopy3

Nov 5, 2010
Bristol, Connecticut, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Snoopy (RIP), Gus & Layla
Yep, well, just like with my first bulldog -- to which I said our vet could dedicate an entire wing to us, based on the amount of money we've spent over the years -- The same can now be said about my second bulldog, in regard to what we've been paying for trainers...

We did puppy class at Petsmart, your basic obedience-type stuff. Then after his sister passed away and the fear aggression started, I got him a private trainer. We had 5 at-home sessions to "learn the ropes" so I could manage his issues on my own. Then we enrolled in a group class for reactive dogs based on Leslie McDevitt's "Control Unleashed" program. We're on our third round with that class -- it definitely keeps us both busy, and it also keeps him exposed to unfamiliar people & dogs so we can continue to practice & work on good manners.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
We think Mabel had some sort of training in the past. She knows to sit on command. I've taught her a down, and am really trying to get her to come on command. So far, this has happened only 2 times when food wasn't involved. :(

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.