• Total voters

Snoopy3

Nov 5, 2010
Bristol, Connecticut, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Snoopy (RIP), Gus & Layla
Gus loves water -- he even enjoys taking baths! (I know, strange...) We take him to the local riverbank and he loves to play fetch in the water. But we always have him on a leash, and just recently found a life vest for him. I don't know if this link will work, but here is one of the times we took him swimming --
http://youtu.be/VQT8_hoOo70

TheDangerousKid

Jun 29, 2014
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Taffy
Taffy looks fairly apprehensive and supposedly at his daycare when they have paddling pools he won't venture in. We live on the Thames with the river at the bottom of the garden and so we've taken some precaution to ensure he doesn't wonder out alone. We also live near a lake he could gently paddle in to and I've seem him play with another dog that went bolting into the water and he stopped chasing.

I think best to test it in a safe surrounding!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I voted yes cos 2 out of 3 can swim... Boeboe and Bennie can swim but they hate it, Joey on the other hand LOVES to swim but she can't:tongue:. We used to have a pool where we lived before so Joey and I sometimes swam there, I had to hold her otherwise she'd tip over, lol.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
My girls are desert girls; they only thing they know if a good sofa, air-conditioning and snorkeling in their food bowls. They have never been near a body of water other than the Kio pond. They have fallen in the pond but I have planks across it just to make sure and they were able to jump out of it. I suspect no and would definitely invest in life jackets for them should the need arise.......in the meantime we keep the AC on high.

Bruisers dad

Jul 15, 2014
Prescott AZ.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruiser
My bully bruiser loves the water and loves to go to the lake. But he sinks like a stone if he goes out to far. Thank god he was still attached to the leash. Want to get him a life vest. He is not built for swimming on his own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
If I threw a 60 lb rock in my pool it would have a better chance of coming to the surface than chum would..

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
Both of ours can swim. We put them in the middle of the pool one at a time. We have to keep our hands under their chest and they head towards the steps. And the final three feet they swim. But that's about it. We are waiting for them to mature in size, get them the life jackets and then hopefully they can swim. And being overly protective I will still watch them like a hawk.

Members online

No members online now.