RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Both have been in the water only with a vest on, so don't know...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I wouldn't dare try, none of them are built to swim and I don't want water getting in their ears. Sitting on the top step of the pool is as far as I can get them to go and that works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
June's first time in the pool was July 4th weekend! She loved to sit on the waterfall, or on the top step in the pool (if we put her there). She would paw at the water, but never tried to swim. Just barked at us if we got too far away from her. She did fall in the jacuzzi while she was chasing after her cousin... luckily my bf was sitting right there and scooped her out!

270.JPG

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Chance loves water and plays in the tub he will dunk his head and scratch the bottom and jump around like a lunatic smashing into the walls and water everywhere. Needless to say a lot of clean up he often is found playing in the tub with the scrub brush - hub empty. Recently went camping and he played in the creek however the rocks were unstable and plunged in many times had him on leash and harness so one pull from me and he would be out of the water. Would like to let him try in a controlled environment as trying to get his life jacket is a challenge in itself. Soon enough we will have no more needle puppy teeth.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She loves the hose, sprinkler and baby pool but has never been in water deep enough for her to try

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
June's first time in the pool was July 4th weekend! She loved to sit on the waterfall, or on the top step in the pool (if we put her there). She would paw at the water, but never tried to swim. Just barked at us if we got too far away from her. She did fall in the jacuzzi while she was chasing after her cousin... luckily my bf was sitting right there and scooped her out!

View attachment 74316

That's a great photo 😄

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

View attachment 74316

Beautiful shot!!

emilyrenee321

Dec 26, 2013
We have a pound in front of our house and when we aren't looking Tank tries to "sneak" down to the pond for a swim.. I must say I'm quite impressed with how well he swims but I never let him swim enough to go very deep and always yell at him to get out.
3u3e5ysy.jpg

This is our big boy Tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Elmo doesn't like water, he will not even get into his baby pool, I have not tried the sprinkler, but I will since it is so hot here.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online