Daily Poll: Do you give your bulldog table food during your meals?

Do you give your bulldog table food during your meals?

• Yes, I share all the time

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • No. Never. Zip. Ziltch. Nada.

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Often, but not all the time

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Sometimes, but very rarely

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
bentley.jpg

1-10-2011:

Do you give your bulldog table food during your meals?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Never! Our food isnt good enough for princess gracie!!!! ;)

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I only will if we are having steamed carrots or green beans. BUT they do not get it at the table, they will get some in their own bowls away from the dinner table.

Now, Sedona on the other hand, likes to sneak food to the bulldoggies so I have to keep them out of the dining room during eating times. And I must clean up the floor around her after all meals and snacks as well. She is messy, but not as messy as my other babies were (luckily!!)

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Duke gets the last bite of any lunch meat sandwich I happen to make and he loves Frito's corn chips. The only problem with the chips is that he farts even more. Sooooo, I eat them without his help when I can.

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Nope. Do'nt want her to get use
to it. And to start bugging the crap
outta everyone when they are eating.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
I don't share at the dinner table but i can't resist sharing. only things that are okay for him to eat.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Not while we are eating, but as soon as were done and taking our plates to the kitchen, Vegas is on a dead run to beat us and sits at his bowl, he knows that we have saved a bite of something for him, (that he is allowed to have) but it goes in his bowl, last night he had several Sugar Snap Peas and a few bites of steak, and he loved them and did NOT get gas!!

Last edited:

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Nope, I won't make that mistake! My husband gives bits and pieces of just about everything to Arrow. SO now if my husband is eating anything, anywhere, he sits right there drooling all over and whinning. Makes me want to strangle them both! Gertie and Ida get their food in their dishes. If there are little dabs of meat or veggies, they get it at their regular meal time.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=881]Gertie's Mom[/MENTION], LOL "makes me want to strangle them both!" been there WANTING to do that!!

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Yup sure do. Only things that she can have usually a few pieces of whatever meat we are having. She LOVES licorice and goes crazy when she sees it!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Sometimes while I am cooking or after we are done eating and of course only things he is allowed to have. But most of the time no and NEVER when we are actually eating. Well I take that back, I have caught Dave doing it on many occassions which drives me crazy!!!!!

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
not during eating times. we are teaching Bullet to stay away while we are eating. he's doing pretty well. now i've been known to drop a piece of meat or veggie while preparing a meal and he sits at a distance just waiting to pounce. lol don't really feed him table scraps, i'm trying hard to get him on a steady diet so he his well and with the least amount of gas. :up:

thekidsmama

Jan 12, 2011
Port Charlotte Fl.
Bulldog(s) Names
Belleau Wood
What ever left over green beans the kids have after the table is cleared I will put them in the bowls for the dogs. Both of my pups will sit about 5 feet from the table and just wait to see if one of my kids will drop something and they both go for it, so who ever is fastest gets it. This doesnt happen very often as my kids know I dont want them eating the food

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I said sometimes..but vary rarely. Never "during" the meal. We use to NEVER share. Mark's mom wanted "visitation" with Vegas during the week, so before she moved in with us, we would drop him off at her place for the day. She would share everything with him. Coffee (bad) tea (bad) and whatever was on her plate. Now she lives with us and we have scolded her and scolded her. Vegas will sit by her chair during dinner and whine. It's her own fault. She started it. She gets irritated with him, but she should never have shared in the first place. Now, she will give him a bite of her food after she's done. We've even scolded her about that. She is alone with him all day Tues, Wed and Thurs. He hasn't broken the habit yet..so I'm thinking, neither has she.

I just realized...I put some pop rocks in their mouths earlier. Since this wasn't a meal...and I was doing it for video purposes..it doesn't count.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.