Daily poll: Has anyone ever asked you how much you paid for your bulldog?

Has anyone ever asked you how much you paid for your bulldog?

• Yes

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Has anyone ever asked you how much you paid for your bulldog? :bully:
attachment.php

Gordosmom1212

Aug 11, 2013
Pflugerville, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Magnum (EB), Delta (EB), Gracie (EB), Zoey (FB), Pebbles (FB), Prada (FB)
Not really all they say is it must have been really expensive.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
All the time. My response is normally if you have to ask you can't afford one much less afford take care of one.

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
We were walking Emmitt & Rogan yesterday and a stranger was walking the opposite direction in passing and he said I don't know dogs very well but I can tell those two were expensive. It really caught me off guard. I blurted out yes but I have a couple of loaded shot guns in the house along with an alarm system so we really are not too worried about someone stealing them. Weesie was like "Where Did That Come From"? I laughed and said I don't have a clue!

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Constantly! I usually just laugh and say "a lot!" and go into how much maintenance they are, so you either pay a lot upfront, or in vet bills, or sadly, both! And I tell them about the Socal Bulldog Rescue, if they are looking to adopt, but to make sure to do a lot of research beforehand, as they require so much care.

Such an awkward question though! haha

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
All the time! It's a rude question, if people really are interested in bulldogs, I try to get them here to do research. Bocephus has cost a lot more in vet bills than his purchase price was, people think you buy them and it's just food and toys after that, we all know that is not the case

Gordosmom1212

Aug 11, 2013
Pflugerville, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Magnum (EB), Delta (EB), Gracie (EB), Zoey (FB), Pebbles (FB), Prada (FB)
We were walking Emmitt & Rogan yesterday and a stranger was walking the opposite direction in passing and he said I don't know dogs very well but I can tell those two were expensive. It really caught me off guard. I blurted out yes but I have a couple of loaded shot guns in the house along with an alarm system so we really are not too worried about someone stealing them. Weesie was like "Where Did That Come From"? I laughed and said I don't have a clue!
Lmao!!! That is hilarious!!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

LMAO!!! Well sometimes people catch you off-guard, but I LOVE your response. Sounds like something my hubby would say :ohmy:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
People ask ALL the time, and I pretty much ignore them. What amazes me the most is how people just WANT one because they are popular… my hubby has wanted one since he was a kid. I don't believe you should get an animal based on popularity… PEOPLE are sheep!!! LOL :facepalm2:

eriesisgod

Jul 6, 2014
Our girl come home tomorrow and we can't stop talking about her. Everyone asks. I say a lot. People either know they cost a lot and are worth it or think I'm crazy.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
I only answer those who are truly serious after seeing what Chance the puppy is like and mention the cost is no where near the price of the up keep and that it is most comparable to having a child. 1 out of 10 have gotten a bully, 2 labs, 1maltese [ IS THAT REALLY A DOG } and the rest have chose not to get anything.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
yes al, the time I remember once when I was working I childcare one of the mums said to me where can I get one and I was so amazed as she couldn't pay her child care fees but wanted to buy a bulldog I just said they are expensive and just as expensive to care for. I suggested she got a different breed

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
I really caught an earful at the bank over Father's Day. My daughter lives in Asheville North Carolina. She invited Weesie and I to come over and go to an Asheville Tourist Baseball Game Fathers Day Sunday. My daughter works at a studio and is an talent agent. Real artsy fartsy if that's spelled right. Well I had to say no. Which our whole family is kind of weird but my daughter understood. There was no way we could leave the two puppies alone that long. Their little bladders would not go on hold for a baseball game. Why you would of thought I had Killed My Daughter. Those gals at the bank was mad at me for days. Ralph how could you treat your daughter like that. But like you guys say bully + puppy X two= you have taken on a big responsibility that requires a lot of work and routine. I told my daughter to give me a rain check and I would pay for everything. Of course she like that idea for Father's Day better because I would also have to take her to her Japanese restaurant. I am glad I found you guys to help keep me and our puppies in line for house training and advice. Thanks for having me. Ralph

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.