Daily poll: Has your bulldog ever started limping out of the blue?

Has your bulldog ever started limping out of the blue?

• Yes (what did you do about it?)

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Never

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Has your bulldog ever started limping out of the blue?

What did you do about it?

bullypoll.png

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yes. Shortly after we got Harlea she developed Pano. Scared the hell out of me.

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
She has but i think she may have gotten bitten by something or stung b/c she stopped after a little while!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
No, not just out of the blue, but Dozer did limp after he fell on his paw, and either sprained or bruised it when he was a puppy. The vetX-rayed his foot, and gave him a pain medication, and an anti inflammatory, it took 4 days before it got better.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
not that I can remember

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
I went to Egypt last august. My mate across the road had diesel ( he has bully's )
when I got back at 1am I went across to get him. He had a terrible limp, he said it happened out of the blue,
I ll never know how, what were but I do know he won't look after my boy again

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Wally started limping just out of the blue, and I had taken him to the vets a couple of days later. She said it was growing pains, and after a couple of weeks he was fine… Crazy!!!

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Went for a walk one morning when Buster was 5 or 6 months old. First and only time I ever used a collar and he refused to walk past our property line, I got so frustrated because I refused to pull him and went back in the house and about 30 minutes latter he started limping. Took him to the vet and she said it was growing pains. Pretty cool though she showed me his entire skeletal structure and pointed out how English Bulldogs bones grow so fast that their bodies can't keep up with it. She said it will probably happen again which it did twice afterwards and I called her and she said just watch him for a day or two and she was right it went away on it's own the next morning.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Bocephus has had a few instances where he would limp. He likes to do what I call the bulldog blitz, he will run at full speed all over and do laps around the coffee table. I think as he's growing he may just be over exerting himself and his muscles get sore. He usually recovers within a day or two

JakeP

May 6, 2014
Burbank CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
It happened 2x with Jake. He was outside playing and I suddenly heard a very loud cry like he was in total pain. Went outside so fast to check on him but nothing. He was just sitting near the door.

The second time, he was in my bedroom playing and suddenly he was running to me crying like saying "Mommy, my paw hurts". It really looked like that! I had to hug him and comforted him that "it's okay Jakey" while rubbing his front legs. He was really a baby! I know co'z I have a 20 yr old and a 17 yr old and they still are babies LOL

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Never out of the blue...there's always been some acrobatics before the limp....

msericathatcher

Apr 18, 2014
Norfolk, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Bentley when he was little started to limp...we had him take it easy for a few days then then went to the vet, she recommended surgery, then went to a second vet and in which they said it was growing pains. I started him on a hip and joint supplement, he started to walk normal within a week.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.