Daily poll: If you had the pick of the litter at the time, why did you pick your Bulldog puppy?

If you had the pick of the litter at the time, why did you pick your Bulldog puppy?

• Color / Markings

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Body type

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Energy

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • The way they reacted to you

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • The way they reacted to someone else with you

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Sex male/female

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
If you had the pick of the litter at the time, why did you pick your Bulldog puppy?
attachment.php

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I didn't personally get to pick. As Harlea was a surprise my family knew that I wanted a female and they had first female pick of the little and figured that I wold love the kissing spot on top of her head.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
First one was picked for us by the breeder, but we got to pick Voitto and that pick was completely was based on how much he looked like his multi champion sire.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
The kids picked Winston out of Bella's litter… he had the biggest head, and I used to call him my Saint Bernard Puppy!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Never had pick of litter.... Nitchke picked us and Banks, we had third pick, which Lewis loved her brown marking above her eye

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
The only ones left out of the litter was Brutus and his sister. I wanted a boy and his sister was not as cute as my baby boy bruty. Frank is a rescue so I guess god picked him for us!

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
There were 3 when we first saw Buster 2 boys and a girl and he was all over my wife from the first time we saw him......:heart:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Tate was actually my 3rd choice(!) The first one I chose did not work out b/c someone else placed a deposit just minutes before me (or something like that), then I picked Bentley, Tate's all white brother with a black ear, but he got chosen too, and then it was Tate...who's name was "Spot" b/c of his big spot on his booty. He was meant to be b/c I cannot imagine my life w/out this big sweetheart who is my heart and soul. I am so lucky!! :drawheart:

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
I had first pick of the litter. Meatball was the only brindle pup. The rest were red/fawn/white. I chose him because he stuck out like a sore thumb lmao

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
I wanted a female since I already had a male. Only 3 females in the litter and the one I originally wanted was sold just before I got there. Then I wanted the OTHER female but my ex told me I should pick Petunia (her litter name was Matt for the breeders son who was hyper just like she was!). I saw her sleeping belly up and thought she was cute. I decided to go with the one my ex thought was a good one. She was a Christmas present!

It was the absolute BEST gift he gave me! The other being getting a divorce from him. ;)

She has been the best thing that has happened to me, she is loving and when I suddenly lost my male, she was the sweetest girl. She was also so depressed at losing him (June 6th will be 6 years---OMG SIX YEARS) and we hung together in our sorrow helping the other out. I adore her.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I voted other, because it is pretty much all the choices.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I saw pictures of Bocephus a full two months before I got him. I had recently lost my beautiful Rampage and my heart was still broken. I kept being drawn back to look at his pictures and two months later he was still available, I went to see him and he crawled into my lap, flipped upside down and started snoring. One of things I missed so much was that sweet bulldog snore. I knew we were destined to be together. I found out he was born just hours before Rampage had his very unexpected heart attack. I think there was a higher power that brought us together for sure!!!!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Voted other because I didn't have first pick but I wanted a boy for sure - the one that was the color I wanted was already chosen and Nigel (Chubbs) was the last boy so even though he wasn't the color I thought I wanted he has turned out to be the most gorgeous and sweet boy. I chose Karly for her coloring and she is the color I wanted. I must say Nigel's brindle coloring picks up the colors of his parents so beautifully!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.