Daily poll: How did you choose the name of your Bulldog?

How did you choose the name of your Bulldog?

• Just liked the name

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Named after someone

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Named after another dog

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • By it's looks

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Was already named we got him/her

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 12 36.4%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
How did you choose the name of your Bulldog?
attachment.php

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
All are named after the b/f's favorite sports players

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Both have names of English "landmarks"--Tate is named after the Tate Museum in London (b/c he's a work of art)!! and Finn Paddington is named after the Paddington Tube Station as well as Paddington Bear (he's my real life teddy bear). His first name "Finn" is actually Irish and I named him this b/c of his firey red hair!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Walter or Wally… was named because his W is in homage to his brothers that we lost before him… Winston and Wellington. We call him Wally to signify his daddy's name is Elton… hence Wall-E!!! We also LOVE Walt Disney world, so his name just fit perfectly!!! :heart:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea..... Self explanatory. :)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

GuidoMarmo

May 26, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gemini, Guido, Marmo
Gemini, because she is a Gemini born May 28th and has the personality of one. Hitler, because he is old English however is the most passive one of the family, Guido, because he has a huge rock head (his name means rock in Italian) and Marmo, because he has a marbled brindle coat ( his name means marble in Italian).

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
The naming of dogs is a difficult matter! Castor is registered under his kennel name, but we wanted to give him a name of our own too. We discussed several names, all of them based on fictional characters, and finally named him after a Swedish children's book character. The fictional Castor is a beaver, and in each book he takes on a new challenge (he grows green beans in one book, sews an apron in another, etc.). Admittedly, our Castor does not look like a beaver, but his personality is as sweet as that of his fictional counterpart!

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo
He was already named Fatso when we got him and it was his second name..first he was Elvis and we were his third home so we didn't want to confuse him so we kept it even though everyone said change it..it def suits his personality and I just laugh when ever someone does a double take on his name..Romeo's name was Roscoe when he was born but I was set on Tyson until we brought him home and he felt so bad bc he was sick that all he wanted was to snuggle all the timeimage.jpg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Both have names of English "landmarks"--Tate is named after the Tate Museum in London (b/c he's a work of art)!! and Finn Paddington is named after the Paddington Tube Station as well as Paddington Bear (he's my real life teddy bear). His first name "Finn" is actually Irish and I named him this b/c of his firey red hair!

I absolutely LOVE your boys names… Paddington was my favorite bear too, well after Winnie the Pooh of course… LOL

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He was already named Fatso when we got him and it was his second name..first he was Elvis and we were his third home so we didn't want to confuse him so we kept it even though everyone said change it..it def suits his personality and I just laugh when ever someone does a double take on his name..Romeo's name was Roscoe when he was born but I was set on Tyson until we brought him home and he felt so bad bc he was sick that all he wanted was to snuggle all the timeView attachment 72047

What a DOLL!!!

ColeB

Mar 18, 2014
Richmond, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cue
We wanted something that seemed at least vaguely British. I always really liked the name "Q" like the James Bond character, but decided to go with Cue because it seemed more feminine. Also, when we got her she was kind of overweight and reminded us of a ball. She's our Cue ball :heart:

Bigd07

Jun 3, 2013
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Hunter
Wow,he looks like my boy Hunter. How much dies he weigh?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online