Daily poll: Have you ever taken your bulldog for a car ride and then left your bulldog in the car while you ran into a store?

Have you ever taken your bulldog for a car ride and then left your bulldog in the car while you ran

• Yes

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • No

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Have you ever taken your bulldog for a car ride and then left your bulldog in the car while you ran into a store?
attachment.php

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Only at the quick stop place... here in sotheast PA it is a store called Wawa (the 24/7 convience store with gas pumps) in and out in less than 5 mins

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Other for me. The only time I have ever done it was when someone else was with me and stayed in the car while I ran in.

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
No I have not. Since she is a puppy I take her everywhere with me. She is so small people don't mind.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
No, one of us always stays in the car with them. I can't handle leaving them even in cold weather, I'm scared someone will steal them. I can barely handle leaving them home alone, it's very stressful being me:blush2:

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Dozer used to commute from my house to work with me and that is an hour and a half one way. I'd leave him for quick runs even though he was a pup he wasn't friendly to strangers walking up to the car . He had resources guarding issues with other dogs and people he didn't know so I didn't worry about him the minute or two I ran in the gas station. I would hear him long before anything could happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Dozer used to commute from my house to work with me and that is an hour and a half one way. I'd leave him for quick runs even though he was a pup he wasn't friendly to strangers walking up to the car . He had resources guarding issues with other dogs and people he didn't know so I didn't worry about him the minute or two I ran in the gas station. I would hear him long before anything could happen.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I voted other, because we do take them with us most places we go, unless its to a restaurant or grocery shopping, because they aren't allowed in those places, so we leave them at home. When they are with us, they come inside, it's usually Petsmart, the vets, small convenience store where we know the owners and they are fine with them coming in. If we are in the car, and they don't come in with us, one of us will stay in the car with them, especially if its a warm day, then we keep the air conditioner on, and we stay with them, if its nice or cool outside one of us, or my son will sit outside with them in the shade or a grassy area. We always have air conditioning in the car if needed, and we always have a collapsible water bowl in the car, and water bottles for them to drink. I'm also paranoid about leaving them or tying them up outside just to go into a store even for a minute, I'm so afraid someone will steal them, they are so friendly and would probably go with anybody, and everybody always says how cute they are. I think EB's are a breed that gets stolen easily and more often than other breeds of dogs, due to their nature, their cuteness, and because people know they are a more expensive breed.

msericathatcher

Apr 18, 2014
Norfolk, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
I have- never in the hot weather or when it's super cold. My husband is in the coast guard and my family lives up in NJ so Bentley is my number one traveling partner. I don't trust anyone with him for him to stay in doggy day care- plus I also feel like no one can take care of him like I do. Plus all those crazy stories of people having their bully's stolen from the daycare place. I'll only stop somewhere that I can see the car. He loves the car too!

I use use to have the I love my bulldog sticker on my trunk untill some creep was waiting at my car and asked me "what kind of bulldog do I have" then asked "if I had him with me?"

My response was not was not nice and I ripped that magnet right off the car

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Yes, I've done it maybe 4 times but I was a nervous wreck every time I did it. I think the longest I left them in the car was 10 minutes and of course, never ever in warm weather, and really only if it's a total necessity.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
No, I don't trust that someone would break the window and steal him.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Nope, unless someone else is in the car, Bocephus is not left alone. Way too many instances of dogs being stolen and I would never forgive myself if something happened to him

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
No, I never leave Elmo alone in the car, my husband goes with me and either I or my husband stays with Elmo.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online