Daily poll: Is your bulldog spayed or neutered?

Is your bulldog spayed or neutered?

• Yes

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • No

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Is your bulldog spayed or neutered?
attachment.php

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Blossom is spayed, and Bulldozer is neutered, we had them both done at 6 months of age before Blossom went into heat, because they are brother and sister, and I wouldn't be able to keep them apart. We wouldn't want to have puppies with tails growing out of their foreheads. Lol

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Nope.... Neither of mine are.. Might spay Matilda, her attitude towards Mack is horrible...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Some of our are and some aren't

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
No Ftse is not and I am too scared to put under an op if he need s to have something done I will have neutered then

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
My boys have theit balls. Unless medical problems they can keep them too.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
No Ace is a "intact" "non neutered" "non castrated" "balls retaining" "testicular advantaged" Male Bulldogge. All other aspects being equal an intact dog is a healthier dog, its not just my opinion either its an evidentiary fact. Its troublesome to me that in the United States the practically default position is to have the dog neutered "castrated" this notion is simply archaic and is fostered by the oft repeated, misguided and false propaganda that responsible pet owners will have their dogs spayed or neutered and that it contributes to the dogs well being and health which is simply not true. Sorry if this is offensive to some but I post this primarily for those who have as of yet not made the decision to neuter or not. Be informed, read the latest and best research and findings and don't just take your Vet's opinion or anecdotal statements about the subject as fact or truth

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
That may be a myth, as stated, but it is probably mainly encouraged because of too many irresponsible owners, who will be having more and more pups to run loose and over populate with MORE unwanted, unfed, unvaccinated pups-who grow up and have more of the same. Such as Pitbulls and Parolees-just a minute example.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
That may be a myth, as stated, but it is probably mainly encouraged because of too many irresponsible owners, who will be having more and more pups to run loose and over populate with MORE unwanted, unfed, unvaccinated pups-who grow up and have more of the same. Such as Pitbulls and Parolees-just a minute example.

Yes I agree, unwanted or unwise breeding and the carnage from having too many unwanted dogs is most likely the reason why it is still encouraged and rightly so for that reason and for that reason it is still the responsible practice if people are unwilling or unable to control dog breeding. But it should stop there and that should be the honest reason given. All the addendums about being better for health and behavior is not based on evidence and is misleading and deceptive

nando1301

May 6, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Samantha (Sam)
Samantha was spayed as soon she was 6 months old...SAM_1785.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Samantha was spayed as soon she was 6 months old...SAM_1785.jpg

Most Reactions