Daily poll: Have you ever been bitten by your bulldog?

Have you ever been bitten by your bulldog?

• Yes

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Other

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Have you ever been bitten by your bulldog?
attachment.php

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Ruthie just bit me last night. I got home late, when i came in she was in a stance and i thought she wanted to play, so i got down and started playing. She wasn't playing though and snapped at me. I left her alone after that, but once my husband and i talked i found out Brutus had attacked her over a toy earlier in the evening. She stayed in her room after that cause she was scared and she was still on edge when i came home.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Not intentionally..just when trying to get a better mouth grip on a toy i tried to take away. He has possession aggression!

Benedict2013

Dec 25, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Benedict
Benedict bites me when I dry his paws, not hard more like nips specially when he can't see my hand under the towel we also had a couple of accidental bites when we play tug with his Komg toys and he's trying to get a better bite at the toy. Never ever aggressive just play and error🐶

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
I just got a bite a couple of days ago because i put my finger in while he was chomping his meat lol (he was trying so hard to swallow a pretty good size of meat for him to choke on. so i was trying to get it out of his mouth while he, at the same time, was trying to chomp on it) but otherwise no. he doesn't even nip at us.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Yes but never in a mean way. The "puppy" phase of teething - I was his favorite chew toy. Now sometimes when we're playing, he's still a baby but he's learning the command "Gentle".

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Yes.....Vegas has bitten me a few times. Pretty severely. Crushed the bone in my finger one time. It wasn't his fault on this occasion. He was given a slice of watermelon and the rind was still attached. I didn't want him to eat that...so I reached into his mouth and wrapped my fingers around it. He wouldn't let go....so it was a waiting game. Eventually he adjusted his bite and re-secured his hold on his treat. This new hold included my finger. I started screaming and he just looked at me. I think when he started to taste blood is when he let go.

That is where the "stupid is as stupid does" award came from.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I put other because Brutus has never bitten us out of aggression. He does not like his nails clipped and he will let you know not to do it. He will not bite us but he will let us know he is not happy. he does what I call "go through the motions" where he will dart his head in the direction of our hands but hasn't bitten us. Now as far as our fingers and ears are concerned, it was his favorite pass time as a pup to nibble (and by nibble I mean chew) on these body parts. Frank does not bite either but when we rescued him we were told he does not like his head to be touched. Not given any reason why though. In the beginning if we tried to touch his head he would try to nip us. We have worked on this and he now loves us to massage his chubby face and rub his head. He only gets nippy now if we take him by surprise and touch his head. I try not to think about why he is like this :(. He has come far with this issue though and I'm sure we are on the road for it to completely go away soon.

4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
Yes once we were playing and he lunged towards me and caught my forearm. He didn't bite down hard per say, but enough to leave a red mark. We were playing quite rough that day so I wasnt to mad or worried.

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
I put other because June has bitten my bf and I a ton, but not aggressively. Just playing. She is still more mouthy with him than me, but they play a lot rougher.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Rocky has this deal of jumping in my recliner the minute I get up, and when I come back to my seat, he just sits and stares at me, Mind you, if I go elsewhere and sit, he comes directly there... But if I grab his harness to pull him off of my recliner, He's pretty quick to let me know, That "Finders Keepers, Loosers Weapers" hahahahahaha Rambo is completely harmless, he only wants attention!! Such a sweet baby.... hahahahaha

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Never, he's my baby boy. I have been lucky, every dog I have had has been sooooo well behaved. Not a bad bone in them !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.