Daily poll: Does your bulldog love to play tug of war?

Does your bulldog love to play tug of war?

• Yes

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • No

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Does your bulldog love to play tug of war?

attachment.php

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
They both do. They especially love it when they are holding on and we lift them up so they hang from the toy. Crazy babies.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I don't know, actually, as we never play tug of war with Castor. Perhaps I'm being over-cautious but when we just got him, I read somewhere that you shouldn't engage in tug of war play with bulldogs.

4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
Sometimes he will tug back but most of the time he will try and push the toy/rope into me instead. He is a very confused individual.

BoonDocks

Nov 6, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boon Docks
When doesn't he want to play tug a war. It's ALL about tug a war!

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Yes, Yes, Yes! Actually Meatball might like to play it a bit too much Lol

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley, a 5 year old male
They both do. They especially love it when they are holding on and we lift them up so they hang from the toy. Crazy babies.

Our first bully loved to hang from a tug toy too. Then we learned that can be dangerous to their neck. With Charley, we play tug for a bit, but don't let him get off the ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Our first bully loved to hang from a tug toy too. Then we learned that can be dangerous to their neck. With Charley, we play tug for a bit, but don't let him get off the ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oh my, thanks for that info. No more hanging. We try not to play tug to often anyway because I don't like them to get to wound up.

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
yes Meeko has a tug toy that we play with and keep away so he cant chew it to pieces. playing tug is the ONLY time meeko has ever growled but he doesnt growl nastily cos as soon as you tell him to drop it he lets go! after about 5mins hes worn out! x

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I don't know, actually, as we never play tug of war with Castor. Perhaps I'm being over-cautious but when we just got him, I read somewhere that you shouldn't engage in tug of war play with bulldogs.

I know what you mean. I was always told not to play tug of war with our bull mastiffs because it might cause aggression issues. We've attempted with Mabel, but she isn't interested.

Mia Amore

Apr 28, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
Yes Mia is still very young and she thinks clothes, shoelaces, her toys everything is tug a war time. My poor skin babies can't walk by her with out her trying to play tug a war with their pants or laces lol.

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Miss Tallulah is a tug freak. Buster too. Actually I was taught tug is a very bonding experience. Dogs in the wild would tug on prey together. I also used to let Miss T win occasionally before we had Buster because it builds confidence in shy puppies. Now that she is 2 and Buster is 1 it is a 3 way with lots of growling -me included - and death shakes. As soon as I say "leave it " they both drop the tug toy (though Buster will give it one last death shake before dropping it). Neither Bully has an aggressive bone in their body and tug is a reward for good behaviour. Tug toys are put away a few hours before bedtime and replaced with chew toys.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online