Poll: When you leave your bulldog home alone, does he/she have free range of the house?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12/28/10. When you leave your bulldog at home, do they get free roam of your house?

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default 12/28/10. When you leave your bulldog at home, do they get free roam of your house?

"We wanna know! Really, we wanna know!"
    Last edited by Libra926; 12-28-2010 at 11:28 AM.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 12/28/10. When you leave your bulldog at home, do they get free roam of your house?

Yep the boys can do whatever they want although I am pretty sure all they do is sleep while we are gone. They dont even touch their food or water until we get home usually. lol

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 12/28/10. When you leave your bulldog at home, do they get free roam of your house?

We are the same way, they even get the bed. However they mainly sleep.

Always with me

We have "bully-proofed" our house so it is safe for them to be home alone, but we do shut the doors to the kids' bedrooms and bathrooms (too many temptations in there!)

Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk and Chloe
    Likes (Received)

Chloe is in a crate, she is still a pup and likes to chew, my fosters are in crates as well. Chunk has free reign of the house.

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jozi, Wales
    Likes (Received)

We haven't left Jozi home yet. But she will be in a crate when we do.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

My pups get the entire downstairs. I put a baby gate at the bottom of the stairs so they can't go upstairs. I do that not because I am afraid that they will have accidents, chew stuff up, etc but because I don't want Samson running up and down the stairs. I know its bad for his hips. Plus he broke his front leg when he was a pup and has pins in the joint. I fear he and Loki will be playing, running up and down the stairs and he will be acting crazy and rebreak his leg.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Mack could be left in the house alone no problem, but Ruggles would chew on the furniture and ingest what he could (we have put away all area rugs). The two of them have their crates in the laundry room with a pet door that goes outside to a fenced dog area. Previous Bulldogs have had free run of the house with access to a pet door always and 5 fenced acres with 600' river front, but not these two!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Brodie
    Likes (Received)

@Libra926 that is an awesome picture of them. They are so beautiful! I cannot get Brodie and Lola still enough to do that. As soon as I grab the camera Brodie comes a running! I am going to try hard over the weekend so I can post some pics of my babies!
    I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Brodie
    Likes (Received)

Lola gets the house and Brodie my bathroom! Lola is such a good girl and we have never come home to an accident (well maybe a few times) nor has she gotten ahold of anything she shouldn't. She mostly sleeps ALL day! brodie, probably going to be a long time before he can do that. Still a puppy and you really have to keep an eye on him or he will chew on furniture, shoes, toys, etc!
    I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2bulliefamily View Post
    ... that is an awesome picture of them. They are so beautiful! I cannot get Brodie and Lola still enough to do that. As soon as I grab the camera Brodie comes a running! I am going to try hard over the weekend so I can post some pics of my babies!
    I wish I could take credit for the photo, but it is not mine..nor are the dogs. Those beautiful baby's names are Chas and Bigi. The photo belongs to @sheila.
    @2bulliefamily

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

My girls are still crate-babies. They're only 7 months old, so they go to their beds when I'm not home.
    2bulliefamily: I know exactly what you're going thru! It's only been the last couple months that I started to get Gertie and Ida to sit still and be in a semi-decent photo TOGETHER.

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads