12/28/10. When you leave your bulldog at home, do they get free roam of your house?

When you leave your bulldog home alone, does he/she have free range of the house?

• Yes. Every nook and cranny is theirs.

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • No. Kennel up puppy!

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Somewhat. Only certain areas of the house!

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
question4.jpg

"We wanna know! Really, we wanna know!"

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yep the boys can do whatever they want although I am pretty sure all they do is sleep while we are gone. They dont even touch their food or water until we get home usually. lol

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
We are the same way, they even get the bed. However they mainly sleep.

bulldogcrazytime

Apr 23, 2010
We have "bully-proofed" our house so it is safe for them to be home alone, but we do shut the doors to the kids' bedrooms and bathrooms (too many temptations in there!)

tdalton63

Aug 1, 2010
Schertz Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk and Chloe
Chloe is in a crate, she is still a pup and likes to chew, my fosters are in crates as well. Chunk has free reign of the house.

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
We haven't left Jozi home yet. But she will be in a crate when we do.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
My pups get the entire downstairs. I put a baby gate at the bottom of the stairs so they can't go upstairs. I do that not because I am afraid that they will have accidents, chew stuff up, etc but because I don't want Samson running up and down the stairs. I know its bad for his hips. Plus he broke his front leg when he was a pup and has pins in the joint. I fear he and Loki will be playing, running up and down the stairs and he will be acting crazy and rebreak his leg.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Mack could be left in the house alone no problem, but Ruggles would chew on the furniture and ingest what he could (we have put away all area rugs). The two of them have their crates in the laundry room with a pet door that goes outside to a fenced dog area. Previous Bulldogs have had free run of the house with access to a pet door always and 5 fenced acres with 600' river front, but not these two!

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] that is an awesome picture of them. They are so beautiful! I cannot get Brodie and Lola still enough to do that. As soon as I grab the camera Brodie comes a running! I am going to try hard over the weekend so I can post some pics of my babies!

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Lola gets the house and Brodie my bathroom! Lola is such a good girl and we have never come home to an accident (well maybe a few times) nor has she gotten ahold of anything she shouldn't. She mostly sleeps ALL day! brodie, probably going to be a long time before he can do that. Still a puppy and you really have to keep an eye on him or he will chew on furniture, shoes, toys, etc!

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
... that is an awesome picture of them. They are so beautiful! I cannot get Brodie and Lola still enough to do that. As soon as I grab the camera Brodie comes a running! I am going to try hard over the weekend so I can post some pics of my babies!

I wish I could take credit for the photo, but it is not mine..nor are the dogs. Those beautiful baby's names are Chas and Bigi. The photo belongs to [MENTION=1539]sheila[/MENTION].
[MENTION=1505]2bulliefamily[/MENTION]

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
My girls are still crate-babies. They're only 7 months old, so they go to their beds when I'm not home.
2bulliefamily: I know exactly what you're going thru! It's only been the last couple months that I started to get Gertie and Ida to sit still and be in a semi-decent photo TOGETHER.

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Georgia and Beefy roam free while we are gone. Its when people come over that I have to crate Georgia but Beefy's butt head can't be crated because he throws a fit until he breaks out of the crate lol.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
The bathroom and bedroom door is closed other than that he has the whole house like [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION], when I get home from work he has not touched his water (he gets breakfast before I leave) I think he just snoozes all day.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.