Poll: When you leave your bulldog home alone, does he/she have free range of the house?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12/28/10. When you leave your bulldog at home, do they get free roam of your house?

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 12/28/10. When you leave your bulldog at home, do they get free roam of your house?

Silva has the downstairs area we put the shoe rack in front of the stairs so she cant go up to the bedrooms!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Bulldog Vet in Training gatorfan85's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr.Beefy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 12/28/10. When you leave your bulldog at home, do they get free roam of your house?

Georgia and Beefy roam free while we are gone. Its when people come over that I have to crate Georgia but Beefy's butt head can't be crated because he throws a fit until he breaks out of the crate lol.

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

The bathroom and bedroom door is closed other than that he has the whole house like @cali~jenn, when I get home from work he has not touched his water (he gets breakfast before I leave) I think he just snoozes all day.

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Gracie is free, she mostly seems to stay in the den and sleep. Sometimes when we get home she is on the couch, but most times is in her bed under Bruce's computer desk. That's her preferred hidey hole plus gives her full view of the hallway to see us coming when we get home.

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I answered no. We use to let Vegas roam...but with his seizures, it really is better for him to be in a safe place. PLUS he gets into alot of trouble sometimes.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

we let lex roam in the den kitchen area which usually he is perched on his pillow on the couch lol. i dont like him being left alone to long in the den cause we dont have curtains yet and the den is full of windows. when were gone for a while we put lex in our bedroom where it has blinds and curtains. we have to crate bo cause he will get on the couch and im sure tear it up, cant leave him in bedroom or hell jump on the bed and if we leave him outside he will dig

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

5 bulldogs? Um.... no.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Gracie has the run of the house,,,,, if she ran and if she went in any other room but our bedroom and computer room. She sleeps about 23 hours a day so there isn't much chance of her tearing the place up;

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I answered yes ... but really that's just Maggie as Daddy is still crated when we leave.

We close the doors to the bedrooms and so that makes upstairs quite un-interesting so I'm fairly sure she stays on the couch downstairs ALL the time we're out. When one of us is home during the day she will follow us about the house, and you can tell by the end of the day that she is more tired than usual. So that supports my theory that she sleeps whenever we're all out, and having somebody at home interrupts her sleep pattern!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads