Daily Poll: Do you wipe your bulldog's wrinkles or facial folds everyday?

Daily Poll 12/26/2010: Do you wipe your bulldog's wrinkles or facial folds everyday?

• Yes, I do it EVERY SINGLE day!

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Yes, I try to but occasionally I forget

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • No, but I do it more than once a week

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • No, I do it about once a week

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • No, I do it occasionally only

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • No, their face gets cleaned when I give them a bath

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't wipe the wrinkles at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
orion1.jpg

Daily Poll 12/26/2010: Do you wipe your bulldog's wrinkles or facial folds everyday?

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
We try to....but I sometimes forget. I've been putting the yeast cream in Vegas's nose roll twice daily and I'm so excited that it no longer gunks up every day. I never even thought that he could have a yeast infection in it. Not until I read my new book...........:up: I finally got something right. My next step is the chin and tear stains. Orion's are horrible. We are so jealous of Stiggy and his beautiful white face. We love looking at his photos with a goal in mind to be as beautiful as him.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I wash Vegas's face daily since half our back yard is sand and he is like a pig snorting the ground when he goes out, occasionally I will forget or let it go a day then the next day when I wash it I get a ton of dirt off his face so I really truly try to do so daily.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Gracie gets hers done on average every other day. I use some pads that are supposed to remove tear stains.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I generally do Maggie's wrinkles every day, but I do occasionally forget or I get home from work so late that I usually just head upstairs, shower and then bed!! Daddy's wrinkles are really not that bad, but I do them every time I do Maggies so that he will be used to me doing it. Of course now we have our Spa facial scrub from secret santa ... blueberry and vanilla ... so I think I'll use that once a week on both of them!! :up:

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
during the day i just wipe lex's wrinkles with my hand to keep stuff out of them. trying to do it during the day isnt a good idea since he really does like to roll around in the dirt like a little piglet... so we just do a good wipe down before bedtime

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I only do Bertie's wrinkles about once every couple of weeks. Sge gets her wrinkles cleaned when I take her to the groomer once a month, and they always say whatever it is I'm doing it is working great! I just wipe her wrinkles if they aer wet and then every other week, I use a stridex pad on her wrinkles and she has not had any problems. She will be a year old on the 16th of January.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] - Stiggy says thank you for the compliment :bully::yes:. Unfortunately, his face isn't as white anymore :( as we haven't been cleaning it as much as we should have. But we're starting doing the regimen daily again and we're seeing great results so far.

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeell,

My spoiled rotten 87.7lbs.of pure muscle pedigree out the wazoo, but just our big baby has had issues in the past..........
I don't wipe his wrinkles or clean his ears more than once a week now. However..........diet (allergies) have a lot to do with this. Duke is allergic to plastic dog dishes and to all grain dog foods, I find that Nature's Choice Grain Free Chicken flavor to have worked wonders. I use to have to constantly battle ear infections and wrinkle infections, with major vet bills.Stainless steel food and water dishes and Nature's Grain has cured that.
Now for the other wipey........Duke has a curly flap tail that covers his poop shoot. Soooooooooo, to keep his anal glands from getting impacted, yes I wipe his curly flap poop shoot after every yard muffin contribution with baby wipes. That is what you call truly loving your dog!

ILuvHudson

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
Weeeeeeeeeeeeell,

My spoiled rotten 87.7lbs.of pure muscle pedigree out the wazoo, but just our big baby has had issues in the past..........
I don't wipe his wrinkles or clean his ears more than once a week now. However..........diet (allergies) have a lot to do with this. Duke is allergic to plastic dog dishes and to all grain dog foods, I find that Nature's Choice Grain Free Chicken flavor to have worked wonders. I use to have to constantly battle ear infections and wrinkle infections, with major vet bills.Stainless steel food and water dishes and Nature's Grain has cured that.
Now for the other wipey........Duke has a curly flap tail that covers his poop shoot. Soooooooooo, to keep his anal glands from getting impacted, yes I wipe his curly flap poop shoot after every yard muffin contribution with baby wipes. That is what you call truly loving your dog!

I'm soooo glad we're not the only ones who do the butt wipe. Every. Time. My hubby's gotten presents on his shirt post-potty more than once, so....
And yes, after a big skin infection coupled with food allergies, we are religious face-wipers daily. Hudson immediately "downs" and looks at me like, "do we hafta?" Yup, we hafta!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
I check them at least twice every day - Chunk's nose rope is perfect (surprising) - but the wrinkles under his entropion-ridden eye have to be cleaned and panalogged twice a day so he gets the once over. Face wrinkles, paws, tail fold (Chunks tail is amputated so it stays pretty clean but I always check anyway), ears are looked at and cleaned if necessary morning and night. I'm a bit obsessive compulsive about cleaning ... so that works in Chunk's favor too!

Ann Farley Hamilton

Jul 21, 2010
Brookline, NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Hamilton's Irish Mack we call him Mack and Blossom
I spend about 20 mins everyday washing wrinkles, tail, pocket and wiping out ears. I use Mack's Glen Haven wipes 3 times a week after i wash his wrinkles and tail pocket as not get an infection. Haven't any trouble in his 4 years this way, so I guess we'll stick to the routine. Blossom is another story, she doesn't have a big nose rope or many wrinkles. She did come to us from rescue with many skin issues, so I to have found with her no plastic bowls of any kind or even SS. She has to have crock dishes, Nature's Variety Instinct no-grain Rabbit food and a bath very 5 days or she she'll rub herself raw from itching. Other then all that she's low maintenance. LOL Oh ya and they both get their butts wiped after every poop. My boys are 27 and 20 so I thought I was threw wiping butts, was I wrong.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
we use stridex pads or just a damp washcloth, and then dry the wrinkles.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online