Daily poll: Have you found the right food for your bully?

Have you found the right food for your bully?

• Yes

Votes: 29 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Other

Votes: 9 21.4%

• Total voters

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Mmmmm not sure as I am 3 weeks into a food change. I ll make my mind up in the next 4 wks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gotti

May 10, 2014
Fromm for Gotti. He doesn't fart as much. And he hasn't puked I'm several months since I switched

pattonsmom

Apr 9, 2014
CT
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
General Patton
Trying very hard to!! Still itching but not nearly as much....he's currently getting all homecooked grain free meals with fruit and yogurt as snacks. Hoping this does the trick and his skin gets better. I have noticed he doesn't have gas anymore at all! :)

beckylu00

Apr 29, 2014
[MENTION=10600]MarleneK[/MENTION] how long have u been using Natures Variety? We just out Rocco on the same (Turkey meal formula) so far its been working out great NO hives NO running nose NO watery eyes. I also mix with chicken and rice

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

MarleneK

Dec 21, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Dually
[MENTION=10600]MarleneK[/MENTION] how long have u been using Natures Variety? We just out Rocco on the same (Turkey meal formula) so far its been working out great NO hives NO running nose NO watery eyes. I also mix with chicken and rice

We have had Dually on Nature's Variety Instinct for about 3 months now and he's doing very well on it. The itching and paw licking has stopped and the redness in his face has gone away. The only thing I found was that his poop was just a little softer than before so I started adding about a tablespoon of pure canned pumpkin (not the pie filling) to each meal or sometimes a bit of white rice and that has firmed the poop right up. Glad to hear it's working for you as well :).

schbulldog

May 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
Hi, My girl isn't doing well on the Fromm's either. She isn't itchy, but red and her eye is swollen. I'm heartbroken, and was wondering if you tried Blue andhow your babies did. I just don't know what to try next.

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Yup! Definitely found the right food. Fromm Family Grain Free Beef Frittata

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi, My girl isn't doing well on the Fromm's either. She isn't itchy, but red and her eye is swollen. I'm heartbroken, and was wondering if you tried Blue andhow your babies did. I just don't know what to try next.

What flavor is she on right now?

schbulldog

May 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
We started with the Beef Frittata....she was still red, with a rash, then tried a Fish flavor (my husband picked that), now she is currently eating the Pork & Peas....that is when her eye got really read and swollen. I just don't think the Fromm's is right for her. She has been eating it for the past month and her symptoms are getting worse. I was considering the raw Nature's Valley Instinct...but, I just don't know what to do.

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We started with the Beef Frittata....she was still red, with a rash, then tried a Fish flavor (my husband picked that), now she is currently eating the Pork & Peas....that is when her eye got really read and swollen. I just don't think the Fromm's is right for her. She has been eating it for the past month and her symptoms are getting worse. I was considering the raw Nature's Valley Instinct...but, I just don't know what to do.

I would try something else too just make sure it's grain free. You could try a tablespoon of yogurt every morning and see if that helps out. Last night I had to give our boy a couple of Benadryls for the first time because his left eye got so read and puffy underneath but I think it's because it's springtime and the WORST allergy season in recorded history here. It was amazing how fast ir worked on him within a half hour his eye was white and the puffiness went away completely and he was the most active happy little man.

schbulldog

May 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
I would try something else too just make sure it's grain free. You could try a tablespoon of yogurt every morning and see if that helps out. Last night I had to give our boy a couple of Benadryls for the first time because his left eye got so read and puffy underneath but I think it's because it's springtime and the WORST allergy season in recorded history here. It was amazing how fast ir worked on him within a half hour his eye was white and the puffiness went away completely and he was the most active happy little man.

Thanks so much for responding. I will definitely get the yogurt, she will love it. What food do you feed your boy?

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=11842]schbulldog[/MENTION]
Right now he's on the pork and peas too, he had some real problems with the beef fritata so we took him off of that and for the rest of the year he's fine it's just from the end of March to the end of June that he's a mess. I'm going to try the new lamb and lentil after I'm done with this batch of pork and peas. :) I hope you find the right food, I know what a nightmare it can be.

schbulldog

May 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
@schbulldog
Right now he's on the pork and peas too, he had some real problems with the beef fritata so we took him off of that and for the rest of the year he's fine it's just from the end of March to the end of June that he's a mess. I'm going to try the new lamb and lentil after I'm done with this batch of pork and peas. :) I hope you find the right food, I know what a nightmare it can be.

I really appreciate your help. Okay, so now I don't know if it's really food related or if it's summer allergies! I just hate the switching food process....but, I am going to give the NVI a try. I will let you know how it goes.

EyeLoveOurBully

Apr 25, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Worf
Not yet, currently transitioning to Earthborn Coastal Catch (grain free), hope this does the trick as it is the 6th one we have tried...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.