Daily poll: Where did you get your bulldog from?

Where did you get your bulldog from?

• Breeder

Votes: 43 81.1%
  • Pet Store

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Rescue

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Breeder.
Never had a dog before so I wanted the full experience. From puppyhood to adult.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I had done rescue and fostering for so many years with Great Danes that when our daughter said she wanted a bulldog I researched the breed and looked for a reputable breeder. We were so happy with Amber we decided we wanted another bully and waited until Ambers mom and dad had another litter to get Ruby. I had never raised a dog from a puppy to full grown because up to this point all mine were rescues.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
A breeder. And I highly recommend if at all possible that if someone is going to get a dog from a breeder that before they make a commitment that they visit the yard, see the dogs in person, note the condition of the yard and dogs and ask plenty of questions of the breeder. If a breeder declines or is reluctant that you visit their yard then look for another breeder.

tekstrand24

Jan 22, 2013
So Cal
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
My first bullie was from a breeder but Winston is actually from a pet store. I know how bad it is to buy from a mall pet store but we feel like we rescued him. We go in there every now and then just for fun and one day we saw a little bullie puppy and fell in love. When we took him out to play I could definitly tell that he was sick and not doing well. They had him in a small glass display with two little white fluffy dogs. Not a good situation. So we had to rescue him from that place. We paid more then the asking price because they were not going to let him go because he was sick and they were thinking about sending him back to the breeder. Once we got him we went straight to the vet. Turns out he had a rare virus that required a very expensive antibiotic to get rid off. The vet said if we did not get him he would not have made it another month. Winston has grown up to be an amazing bullie and I do not regret it at all.

MarleneK

Dec 21, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Dually
As first time bulldog owners we wanted the whole experience from puppyhood to adulthood so we got Dually from a breeder. Now learning so much about this breed and how many need help out there our next one will definitely be from a rescue :yes:.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
We got Bifi from a breeder in Holland but our next, if ever there would be "next", would be from rescue.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Boeboe's our first bulldog, I told my husband on his birthday I'm going to buy him one and he just went straight to the pc and found her. She's from an ad in Junk Mail:ashamed: we just didn't know better, but I love her SO SO much and she's perfect:heart:

Bennie we got just a couple of months after Boeboe so he as well is from an ad:ashamed: but it gets better from here... Joey is a rescue and she's really special:luv:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.