Daily poll: Has your bulldog chewed up any prized possessions?

Has your bulldog chewed up any prized possessions?

• Yes (please explain)

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Has your bulldog chewed up any prized possessions?
bullypoll.png

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Let's see..

I collect very expensive handbags. (Balenciaga). These bags are an obsession of mine.

When my Pink Poodle (aka Blue) was about 1 maybe 2 months old, I left a bag out instead of putting it away. I'll never forgot how I let him out to change his pee pads in the kitchen, only to find him "fighting" one of the handles on my bag. I tried to get him to let go, but he just wouldn't. Took a while but I finally got the handle out of his baby piranha teeth. Very lucky that no real damage was done.

THEN-
About a month ago, he was "chillaxing" on our bed while I was in the living room working. Realized I hadn't heard him in awhile and since that's never a good sign, went to see what he was up to. He was lying on the bed, very comfy, with my Kindle White in both paws while his mouth was wrapped around the edge. By the time I got to it, the screen was already cracked, and the plastic that covers the hardware torn. He broke it.
I went to re-order and Amazon was out. They were expecting my order to be shipped sometime in March. (BUT, got an update on Tuesday that my Kindle was shipped and i'll be getting it today.. yaaay).

Yesterday-
He was once again on our bed "chillaxing", and again, it was too quite for too long. Deja vu right?
This time, he's on the bed, his little paws wrapped around Chris' tablet while he was trying to get his mouth around the cover. Well, I got it away in time kind of..He ruined the leather cover, and there a thin crack running across a small area of the glass. It still works though. Still, it's gonna need to be replaced. Thing is, I've been using it since Blue broke my Kindle so Chris doesn't know and I haven't told him yet. I figured I'll surprise him this weekend with a new one.. a "just cause I love you" gift
:D

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I wouldn't say prized possession, but I have a very expensive makeup collection(I do makeup on the side) and before i got my beautiful vanity to store my makeup in i had it in baskets on the floor. One day I walk in my makeup room and there are chewed up eyeliner pencils ALL OVER THE FLOOR and colored markings all over the WALLS, and there was ruthie, face covered in all different colors of eye liners. Hence, the reason i bought a vanity.

The one prized possession i do have, it's a little dog called Play Puppy that i have had since i was a kid. I caught her chewing on his nose. After a stern talking to, she has not bothered play puppy since. I do catch her sleeping on him i think because he smells like me but i trust her enough to know she will not chew him up. She knows how much he means to me.

Last edited:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
My Voitto has chewed one pair of my shoes, the cord of drill, 3 Fatboys, the stairs to the attick and some other wooden items, nothing too prized though. We keep him in his little room when we're not home to minimize to damage. Usko hasn't chewed anything but his first Fatboy.

shobbsie

Mar 28, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Two
My iPad mini. I'd only had it 1 week. I left it out (bad Mommy) and like someone else shared, I realized it was too quiet. Walked into the living room and there Miss Lucy was with it between her paws chewing on the corner. Ruined the leather cover and completely cracked the screen and crunched the plastic on the camera corner. Thank God I caught her before she ingested any of it Expensive lesson for me not to leave things out; though I still forget. Things can be replaced; I'm more concerned she might swallow something she shouldn't..

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
When Nigel was a baby he chewed the corners of the walls and he chewed the arm of my new recliner but you know what I wasn't even mad - that's when I knew I just love him so much nothing else matters. Of course he's older now and I've taught him not to do those things and if I see him with something in his mouth he understands when I say 'spit it out'. You do have to watch them like hawks though they're lil ninjas!

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
Let's see..

I collect very expensive handbags. (Balenciaga). These bags are an obsession of mine.

When my Pink Poodle (aka Blue) was about 1 maybe 2 months old, I left a bag out instead of putting it away. I'll never forgot how I let him out to change his pee pads in the kitchen, only to find him "fighting" one of the handles on my bag. I tried to get him to let go, but he just wouldn't. Took a while but I finally got the handle out of his baby piranha teeth. Very lucky that no real damage was done.

My bf makes jokes about how one day June will get a hold of my precious Louis Vuitton bag. :bigeyes:

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I don't know about "prized" possessions or if we even own anything like that but I think I have a rather substantial list of things chewed or destroyed. Let's see: diningroom chairs, camera lense, numerous remote controls for both the TV and the Wii, wall boarders, cabinet doors (both the bullies and Search have destroyed the cabinet doors but the kitchen needs to be remodeled, no worries!), numerous toys, garden hoses, laundry baskets, sofa cushions, window curtains (Amber likes to look out the window and when they get in the way she eats holes through them), shower cutains, anything hanging gets pulled on becomes a tug-of-war toy, karate gear, shoes to numerous to mention but we especially like the leather ones, plants (plants in yard are ebile but don't all at once), Samsung Galaxy phone chewed on and totally destroyed (Amber stole it when no one was looking), and I am sure there are a "few" other things we have lost over the past two years. On the positive note; my house is much more clutter free since the Bullies have arrived :rofl:Actually, lol, it is starting to look a little empty these days Which makes for a much better Bully environment and truth be told I spend a lot less time picking up after others because it has become widely known if you leave your stuff someplace it doens't belong the Bullies will redistribute and redesign it for you. Good stuff!!! We won't give them up for nothing in the world; everyone needs a bully to put things into perspective!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Let's see..

THEN-
About a month ago, he was "chillaxing" on our bed while I was in the living room working. Realized I hadn't heard him in awhile and since that's never a good sign, went to see what he was up to. He was lying on the bed, very comfy, with my Kindle White in both paws while his mouth was wrapped around the edge. By the time I got to it, the screen was already cracked, and the plastic that covers the hardware torn. He broke it.
I went to re-order and Amazon was out. They were expecting my order to be shipped sometime in March. (BUT, got an update on Tuesday that my Kindle was shipped and i'll be getting it today.. yaaay).

Yesterday-
He was once again on our bed "chillaxing", and again, it was too quite for too long. Deja vu right?
This time, he's on the bed, his little paws wrapped around Chris' tablet while he was trying to get his mouth around the cover. Well, I got it away in time kind of..He ruined the leather cover, and there a thin crack running across a small area of the glass. It still works though. Still, it's gonna need to be replaced. Thing is, I've been using it since Blue broke my Kindle so Chris doesn't know and I haven't told him yet. I figured I'll surprise him this weekend with a new one.. a "just cause I love you" gift
:D

[MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] might have some advice on keeping the broken tablet a secret!! Right Jim?

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Ftse has chewed the dining room suite chairs, coffee table and a hole in the wall along with the rug we used to have in the lounge room but that is about it oh no the foot rungs on the bar.

cbh142

Aug 4, 2012
Irwin, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geno
No possessions that I can think of but he did that one time steal a plate of really expensive CHEESE my husband and I splurged on for our anniversary! He managed to lick everything before we realized what he did.

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
Mayhem chewed up a corner of our base molding when he was a young puppy. He also had my husbands iPad in his mouth a couple of months ago....fortunately, I caught him before he could do much damage and we only had to replace the cover :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.