Daily poll: Do you take your bully to the dog park?

Do you take your bully to the dog park?

• Yes

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Do you take your bully to the dog park?
bullypoll.png

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Yep.
We live in an apartment, in the city. No backyard, no front yard, and "No dogs Allowed on Grass" anywhere here. Which is ridiculous because my whole neighborhood is one big "park". Hence the name, "Battery Park City".

Anyway, the only way he can get any real exercise is by going to the dog park. We can take off his leash, he gets to run around and socialize (or hump his favorite Pittie girlfriend).

Lucky for us, there's usually great people at the dog runs here. Plus, we get to choose from three, all within a few blocks of where we live. What sucks is all three parks are concrete. No grass or trees. The one closest to us does have a pool so our pups can keep cool in the summer, but that's about it.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Nope, no dog parks close to where I live but I've taken them to the regular park and walked on the trails, they loved seeing and visiting all the people :)

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
No I don't. two reasons why: Ruthie has been the attacked and the attacker. It's just best for me to keep her out of those situations. She does better in a small group of dogs she knows already.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We used to, but haven't been impressed and also had a couple of bad experiences. I find some people make it bad for everyone else who is responsible, as they either don't clean up after their pets deposits, so you either step in it, or your dog gets it on him, and then you have to bath them when you get home, plus I worry about parasites since you don't know which dog could potentially have them, or not be up to date on vaccines. We had a couple of incidences with aggressive dogs, and male dogs always humping my Blosssom. The last time we went to a leash free park, a lady was there with two huskies and they ripped Blossoms sweater coat off her and had a tug of war with it, and ripped it.
Now we just go to the nature trails and regular parks, and woods and they like walking down there. We normally go early in the mornings, or in the evenings because of the heat, so there isn't usually a lot of people but you will find a few other dog owners, so it's better. We do go to Bully Meetips though, and we enjoy those, the next one is on Feb 9th at High Park, these are always nice because its all bully owners, and we meet at different parks in different areas.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
When we lived in the city we used to go to dog parks, but now in the country side we have our own park with only the best bullys...

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Oh. I love going to the park, diesel walks off the lead. However when I take Gucci with me he barks and growls at anything that moves. It's embarrassing

ehy3yqam.jpg

aseseheg.jpg

It's proper little man syndrome, he is so small no dog harness fits him. I got a cat harness and I had to take that in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
June loves the dog park. I like the one close to my apartment because it's divided into a small, medium and large dog area. Although she thinks it's more of a people park than a dog park because she'd rather run around and let everyone pet her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Nope. we don't take ours to dog parks, not one close by, plus you never know if one in there might not be that friendly to the bullies.

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
We dont have dog parks here in South Wales that I know of.. but I clicked other as I regularly take meeko to an empty kids park with my skin baby and he can run around with a toy or I will take them both to a enclosed outdoor basketball court so that I can watch them both easily without the other running off lol :-). I dont trust meeko off a lead in the open as he gets over excited and just loves other dogs - who usually hate him!!

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I am always wary of taking Raven places where you never know if another dog will turn and attack or if they are unvaccinated. She gets to stay in the back yard and play.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
[MENTION=9325]Samantha Orts[/MENTION] What a great idea, that is my problem I used to go to the dog park, but Bazza is abit excitable and can run down a small dog then I have dirty looks from the owners. LOL

I used to go to the "Dog Park" but after one bad experience, I abit nervous about it, you never know what type of dogs are there.

Now we go to a "on leash" park and can take him off on and big fenced oval if no one else is there, on the track there is always other dogs on leash so we get to meet and greet them if the owner is happy, but it is alot more controlled then ten different dogs running around in a dog park, where anything can happen.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Oh. I love going to the park, diesel walks off the lead. However when I take Gucci with me he barks and growls at anything that moves. It's embarrassing

ehy3yqam.jpg

aseseheg.jpg

It's proper little man syndrome, he is so small no dog harness fits him. I got a cat harness and I had to take that in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We call that "The Napoleon Complex" lol..

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I am always wary of taking Raven places where you never know if another dog will turn and attack or if they are unvaccinated. She gets to stay in the back yard and play.

That's exactly how we feel.

HandsomeUlysses

Aug 13, 2013
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
Yup! We live in a high rise. But we have a great dog park two blocks away. Its huge, with two inclosures for big vs small dogs, complete with water fountain for drinking. Ulysses loves running around with the the big dogs!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.