12/16/10 Daily Poll: Does your bulldog jump on people when they visit your home?

Does your bulldog jump on people when they visit your home?

• Yes

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Please feel free to explain your answer.

cutty2.jpg

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
No, she is the perfect little lady when people come.
GracieandLari110310003.jpg

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
Winston doesnt jump...he is a good boy <o Hitch will if he gets excited, like when his Foster Mom from the rescue visits. Its so sweet that I cant get upset with him :luv: Layla on the other hand.... I have to warn people about her before they come in the door. Its a good thing she is so small and only weighs 40 lbs. We work on her manners, but it all goes right out the window when someone visits. She gets so excited, wants to give everyone hugs and kisses. I dont think she had much interaction with others in her previous home.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Linus doesn't...Truman is a work in progress. He just loves people and gets SO excited. But he's trying to contain himself. <o

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Funny you have Cutty on there asking this question... He and Mugsy both do jump for the first few seconds, they get so excited. This is my next challenge to figure out how to stop. Once they are used to whoever is here they are perfect tho. lol

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Mine all do, except Tidus never did really. But now that he is possessed I am thinking he would. They don't jump on me or the family, just visitors. So it is hard to train them not to do it.... I think I basically suck at training.... I admit it....

OP
TessaAndSamson

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Stig only jumps on people who pay attention to him!

Thats funny you say that, I have noticed that with people that don't like dogs like my dad. When he walks in he just completely ignores the dogs and they never bother him. I definitely think there is something to that no touch, no talk, no eye contact that Caesar Milan does. But for the most part Samson does jump on everyone else and its been real hard to get him to stop. I just need to meet people outside and tell them to completely ignore him until he calms down. I should really start working on that because Sam is too heavy to be jumping on people. Makes it harder when Daddy encourages it when he walks in the door after work :( Samson is much calmer with people in public though which I always thought was odd, it's when they come in his house that he gets all excited.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
No, Gertie and Ida don't jump on visitors. They will, however, try to jump up on the edge of the sofa if visitors are sitting on the sofa. But they get a quick pet on the head and they're happy.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
YES! She is so bad! She jumps on everyone and it makes me so :mad:! I get :angry: when people say "Oh its okay" and I am trying to teach her that its not!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL

[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION], [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION],

Me three! I suck at not only training but being consistant with what little he does know!!! AND... Vegas does not only jump on company, most the times he will try to hump them hello !!!!!! :eek: :w00t:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Funny you have Cutty on there asking this question... He and Mugsy both do jump for the first few seconds, they get so excited. This is my next challenge to figure out how to stop. Once they are used to whoever is here they are perfect tho. lol

Cutty is soooooooo cute :heart:. I think he could be Gracie's brother .... or one of her babies,,,, LOL

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Does humping count cuz he humps everyone that comes to the door.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.