12/15/10 Daily Poll: Does your bulldog like going to the vet?

Does your bulldog like going to the vet?

• Yes

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Please feel free to explain your answer.

question6.jpg

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Yes, Stiggy loves the attention. Especially from the lady techs. :lol:

:heart: the pic of lex!

OP
TessaAndSamson

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Samson doesn't hate it there, he loves the attention but in general I'd say no. Once we sit down to wait our turn he gets real close to me, sometimes he shivers, he sheds like CRAZY. When we go for something that they need to take him to the back alone he puts the breaks on. I have to walk most of the way back there with them because otherwise they'd have to drag or carry him. He likes the people there just fine but he just does not want to be anywhere in there without me.

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
They love the car ride, the attention, seeing other dogs, and our Vet treats them like they are celebrities. They all HATE going to the groomer though. Winston wont even walk by the groomers door when we are at Petsmart!

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Silva hates it! She whines, shakes and shivers, hides under the chair but she likes the attention from the girls!

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Beefy HATES the vet. But thats because evrytime he goes they are expressing anal glands and poking at but his butt...i would hate them too

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Here's how smart poor Vegas is...he LOVES going, first the car ride, then the other dogs, then all the attention the girls AND our vet gives him...and everytime we have went is for shots, INTERNAL anal gland expression, and a nasty ear infection that had to be cleaned out while he was crying it hurt so bad!!! You would think he would put the front brakes on at the door, but oh no, in he goes happy to see everyone again UNTIL he gets into the exam room, then he starts pacing and I can tell he is very nervous, woulden't YOU be?? LOL!!!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Vegas is the same way. He love going in the car...the treats and attention. He jumps on the scale without being told. He's even fine in the exam room. Usually when we are there, they want blood out of his jugular. They usually don't get it the first time..and sometimes not even the second. But, he still runs to the door every time we get there. Orion..she's a pickle. She would rather not be in the presence of any other four legged creature that doesn't bow down to her.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
o lex loves the attention of the vet techs and our vet is wonderful with him... he loves to play with the cat at the office but hates when he jumps up on the counter were lex cant get to him..

awww i miss my baby being that little :(

Last edited:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Gracie does not like the vet. She was ok the first time we went. She didn't even flinch when they took blood and gave her a shot. But the second time she went back she remembered and she was a lot more leery about going through the door.
even worse when she had to go back for checkups after her hernia repair and teeth cleaning surgery.

She Loves going to PetSmart, and Pet Supplies Plus, but is very afraid of the sliding doors and the noise they make. Once she's inside though she's happy.

NICASFINEST

Dec 9, 2010
California
Bulldog(s) Names
BUGZY
AS SOON AS BUGZY HEARS KEYS HE RUNS TO THE DOOR. HE LOVES GOING FOR CAR RIDES AS SOON AS WE GET TO THE VET HE STARTS TO ACT ALL NERVOUS AND FISTY WITH THE OTHER DOGS, THEN WHEN WE HAVE TO PICK HIM UP TO PUT HIM ON THE TABLE HE STARTS GETTING SCARED AND PUTS UP A BIT OF A FIGHT, BUT WHEN THEY HAVE TO TAKE HIM TO THE BACK ALONE! HE TEND TO EXTEND HIS BACK PAWS AND HOLD ON TO THE DOORWAY WITH THEM!!!!LOL:lol: BUT ONCE HIS OUT HES HAPPY AND IS PULLING US TO GET HIM IN THE CAR...ASAP

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
the vets office is the place for attention, and treats--the dried liver ones- --- I bought a tub for $24.00 and they are sooooo glad.
but it is the techs that make the difference.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online