Daily poll: Has your bulldog had any formal training?

Has your bulldog had any formal training?

• Yes

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Not yet, have been meaning to do it

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Has your bulldog had any formal training?
bullypoll.png

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
No , i dont see a point in it if i can do it myself -i can spend money i would spend on classes on my dogs ;-)

Edit : i always had dogs since i can remember -they are not super well behaved but they listen so that is fine by me ;-)

Last edited:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Yep. He's our first dog and we didn't know how to train him.

Went to puppy "school" when he was about 3 months old. Didn't work out so well (instructor didn't seem to like bulldogs, and would always point out Blue as an example of a dog who doesn't listen).
My hubs (who I swear has the patience of a saint), got very angry so we stopped going.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yes. Harlea went to puppy class but that was to reinforce what we had already taught her. However, she will be going to the intermediate class once my wife is better and can move around.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:rofl: :rofl:..... why do you think I know so much about training :stinkeye: we are referring to BANKS here..... she has even been to a week long boot camp!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Yep, both went to puppy and intermediate classes plus did private lessons with a trainer. Not that you can really tell...:whistle:

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Nigel and I did puppy training at our vet and he did great then I just used him to train Karly and she learned pretty quickly too. They know only basic commands but they do listen very well.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I don't know how formal it can be said to be, but in took Brie yo a training class weekly girl about a month. I had already taught the things they just reinforced if..we also had a behaviorist cone over Once for 2 hours.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Oh gosh yes! If it were not for his trainer Sue, I probably would not have Dudley today. She was our savior!!! And he loved her! Still does. She also is a vet tech at our vets. If her hears her voice when we go in to the vet's office, he goes crazy until she comes and talks to him. When we were in training, all I had to say was, "want to go see Sue," and he would run to the door and stand there...ready to go!

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
THe Diva had training at 6 months and got the Good Canine training and award as well. :1stplace:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Ftse went to puppy pre school and we had a trainer come to our house in September but honestly did not think too much of her methods some seemed a bit over the top

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Yes Sebastian is in training now we have had three classes and our trainer had to leave now two wks no class because boy has been ill so hopefully we start again next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
My first bulldog Attitudee went to several training courses and was ready to go for her canine good citizen when I lost her :( ... Madison had been a a couple training courses ... Diesel & Molly have not been to any courses but I am working on becoming a trainer and they are my practice babies so everything I learn I teach them so not sure if that counts as going to a training course :lol:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.