Daily poll: Do you use a collar or harness?

Do you use a collar or harness?

• Collar

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Harness

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Both

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Do you use a collar or harness? :walk:
bullypoll.png

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
The harness was a disaster with Dudley from the get-go. He would not walk at all when he was a puppy. I would put the harness on and try and walk him...my one neighbor would come out and watch because Dudley would go out the front door, stop dead and lay down. Would not budge! Even my bf could not get him to move. Tried for months...finally I put a collar on him...that was the end of the problem! He's so big, too, that the harness doesn't give me enough control with him...he doesn't pull against the collar.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Both. If going somewhere and a truck ride is necessary to get there Ace wears a harness because you can fasten comfortably to a seat belt. For training purposes or a walk where he may get excited and want to pull away, a prong collar.

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
All of the above. lol We have her collar on for ID purposes. We do a harness sometimes, but she hates all of them. They make her itch lol And no matter what I do she is a puller and she gets very excited and wants to run off, SO we do a prong collar when we go out and about.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
both -harness for walking, collar for my girls id tags (just in case )

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Depends on where we are going.... Walks are harness, but other stuff may just be a collar

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We use both, if it's just to walk, we use a collar, but if they are in the car, we use a harness.

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
The Diva likes going 'au naturel'...so although she has a collar, she takes it off as fast as she can. :/

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
For walks, adventures and car rides we use a harness. For times when we have to have a leash on her to keep her out of the mud puddles in the back yard we use a collar.

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Meeko has a harness. He had a collar as a test and walked great with it but I worry and think he could pull out of it easily so felt safer with a harness xx

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Only harness. We've been trying the collar since he was a puppy but he just gets lethargic and won't move. Even threw up once. He hates his harness as well but at least tolerates it. It's too bad too cause he has the cutest batman collar to go with his batman leash. ahh well..

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Both, the collar holds their tags etc and the harness is used for walks, Diesel can pull out of any collar!! at least I have yet to find a collar he can't get out of and he has slipped his collar in a parking lot with a lot of traffic which scared me to death so to avoid this problem I make them wear a harness.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.