12/13/10 Daily Poll: Does you bulldog wear ID tags on their collars?

Does you bulldog wear ID tags on their collars?

• Total voters
OP
TessaAndSamson

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I voted sometimes. When I am not home Samson wears his collar with his ID tags. In case of an emergency I want him to be easily identified. I take his collar off once I get home because I figure if I were him I wouldn't want a collar around my neck 24/7.

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
I voted yes, but they don't wear thier collars unless we take them some where.... at home they never have collars on. So, when they see there collars come out they know there going somewhere.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I voted sometimes, ALWAYS when we are out, but just like me as soon as I get home, off comes my shoes and on comes my sweats! No, Vegas does not wear a collar in the house.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Gracie does not wear hers. The reason is we have never put them on her harness . BUT, she is microchipped.... does that count? I think but not sure, she is legally supposed to wear her tags in Milwaukee. Lil' Law-Breaker.. ;)

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
I also voted sometimes, Chief and the two big dogs wear collars all the time, when we go out Chief wears his harness, Ireland and Izzy only where them when we go somewhere. Ireland is the only one with a tag right now.. Chief gets his for Christmas....

marshahennessey

Sep 3, 2010
My guys have free access to the yard through their doggie door (when we are at home) so YES they always wear their collars with ID tags on them. All of the guys are also micorchipped, just in case. One of my guys refuses to 'go' out back, so we will sometimes remove his collar when at home. It is kept hanging on the front door knob and he gets 'dressed' before going outside.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I said sometimes, because the tags are on their non-holiday collars. Since they've been wearing their fall and now their Christmas collars, they don't have a tag on these. But they're both micro-chipped and never go out of the yard alone anyway.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Silva had an Id tag with her name and our number, her rabies tag, her microchip tag and her dog tags for our city. We take the collar off when we go to bed at night but she wears it all day.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I also answered sometimes. Vegas and O have Id tags on their collars. But they have so many collars....they don't always have the ones on that have ID tags. When we go on vacation, they always have ID on...and they are microchipped. But at home, they have collars on, but not the IDs.

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
I cannot believe -that only 50% have ID on the dogs at all times--
I used to be animal control for years, and think about this ----
IF there is a FIRE IN YOUR HOUSE-----and you are GONE--- the fireman are going to put the FIRE out, and maybe catch your dog, MAYBE not----its not thier job!!!!! I want NOTHING TO CHANCE-- please put ID tags on at all times.
BUT DO NOT PUT THE DOGS NAME ON IT ------try this------MY MOMMY GIVES GOOD REWARDS----
AND A PHONE NUMBER.- NOT ADDRESS, BECUASE- if they are not happy with the reward, and it need only be $10.00 if thats all you have or a small child. but that way they dont come to your house later and steal the dog again. on the phone ask their
location and run to get the dog.
I also put a second tag that says-- dog needs daily meds.-very sick-- no one wants to steal a sick dog. but they do want a reward!!!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.