Daily Poll: How much are your annual vet bills?

How much are your annual vet bills?

• $0-$250

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • $251-$500

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • $501-$1000

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • $1000-$2500

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • $2501-$5000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over $5000

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
toof.jpg

12-12-2010: How much are your annual vet bills? (poll)

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Well, it depends if we have a major orthopedic surgery to deal with that year but I guessed, on average, somewhere in the neighborhood of $1000-$2500 for both - including two torn ACLs for Bentley and two hip surgeries for Truman.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Since we've only had Stiggy for a little over 3 months, we probably spent close to a grand on him. Not including any surgeries, such as neutering. We went to the vets mostly for his allergies, but he's a lot better now so hopefully won't need to see him for a long time. :up:

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
Wow I feel weird about posting lol... But this year we have maybe spent $100 in vet bills and thats with 5 dogs.... we do our own shots, except Rabies of course. I knock on wood and Thank God that we have healthy dogs... Now Last year We spent over $2000 on Chief in vet bills...

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
I am very lucky and havent had an health issues with Silva, so its just her regular check-up bill (annual shots, heartworm meds, etc).

Ann Farley Hamilton

Jul 21, 2010
Brookline, NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Hamilton's Irish Mack we call him Mack and Blossom
We have a wellness plan on Mack so everything is covered for the year shots, blood work, all office visits and x rays. Pay 399.00 a year for it and that's it no matter how many times I take him in for sick visits or for check ups every 6 months. So that's all I spend.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Vegas of course is my sick baby. His vet bills CAN exceed 2000....especially when he gets into the pantry to feed himself. With the ER visits and x-rays ....plus daycare (all from the same clinic) and training, we can easily spend 2 to 5 grand depending on what type of situations they get themselves into. This is for both Vegas and O.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Gracie took over here about 4 months ago and we have spent close to $700. Over-all she is pretty healthy so unless that changes I would expect the amount for the rest of the year to be much less than those first four months. She is now on AKC Insurance and we will get other insurance when that expires.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Geez well some years its just been a couple hundred for routine stuff like shots, annual check up, flea/tick preventative, heartworm preventitive. Other years like this one thanks to Mr. Smarty Pants swallowing a toy and the surgery needed to remove it it will be well over $3000 this year. The first year I had him it was probably well over $4000 thanks to a broken leg needing orthopedic surgery and a night in the emergency vets thanks to Samson eating something he shouldn't have (an entire bratwurst) and becoming very sick from it. So in his 4.5 years of life it really just depends on the year.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online