Poll: Have you ever tried Desitin on your bulldog's wrinkles?

Thread: Daily Poll: Have you ever tried Desitin on your bulldog's wrinkles?

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Daily Poll: Have you ever tried Desitin on your bulldog's wrinkles?

Daily Poll 12-10-2010: Have you ever tried Desitin on your bulldog's wrinkles?

Did it work?

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Daily Poll: Have you ever tried Desitin on your bulldog's wrinkles?

After I wash his face and dry it every day,, usually about every 3rd day I do use Desitin on his face wrinkles, especially on top of his nose. I think it works. He hates it, as soon as he see's the tube he runs and barks at me. I have learned to be very sneaky and already have it on my finger, not hold the tube, behind my back to get it on him.
    Last edited by KMARINO; 12-10-2010 at 12:15 PM.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Yes, I had two white bulldogs and they both had some tear stain issues so Desitin was and is my not-so-secret weapon against them to sooth and protect the skin and restore it to its beautiful whiteness!

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Yes I use it about once a week only now, just make sure you dry out the wrinkle area before applying it. It works very well!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Nope, never tried it. I just clean Samson's face with a warm, wet washcloth. I found that the biggest factor in getting Samson to having such clear, nice skin and coat was the right food.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TessaAndSamson View Post
    Nope, never tried it. I just clean Samson's face with a warm, wet washcloth. I found that the biggest factor in getting Samson to having such clear, nice skin and coat was the right food.
    @TessaAndSamson, Trust me food made a huge difference in Vegas, HUGE, but he still needs a little help. I am anal I constantly have my nose in his face sniffing. Half my back yard is sand so his face is filthy every day due to him being like a pig with his nose to the ground sniffiing everything out in the back.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

we use it on lex but he hates it i dont know if it burns or he just doesnt like the smell. after i put it on him he will rub his face on the rugs to get it off... after i finsih this tube im gonna try the a and d ointment (i think thats what its called its the same thing as destin but without the smell)

Bulldog(s) Names
    Handsome
    Likes (Received)

I hadn't heard that one yet. Hmmmmmmmm. "H" only has one wrinkle fold that needs weekly attention, and I use hydrogen peroxide once a week. It keeps it dry and healthy. My mastiff, however, could benefit from the Desitin I'm thinking. She is the only one that gets pimples every now and then. Gonna have to try that!

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tobias K. Smith
    Likes (Received)

I haven't used desitin on the bully wrinkles but I have used Boudreaux's butt paste. He hates it but it seems to help. I have also started using the snout soother on his nose because the top tends to get crusty.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

Thats funny cause I was just telling my husband about putting desitin on her tear stained area and he thought I was , She is having a bath tomorrow so I will try it after that!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Remove Ads