Daily Poll: Has your bulldog ever chewed up one of your important possessions?

Daily Poll: Has your bulldog ever chewed up one of your important possessions?

• Yes, something very valuable to me!

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Yes, something sort of valuable to me.

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Nope, my bully is an angel!

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
toof.jpg

Daily Poll 12-9-10: Has your bulldog ever chewed up one of your important possessions? Please tell us about it!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
He chewed up a bracelet that someone got for me from Cuba and a few blankets including one of my faves cuz I've used it since I was a kid.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I fell totally in love with this wood/wicker chair from Peir One Imports, It was kind of pricey so I saved and finally bought it, It was beautiful!!! The next day as I was showing my neighbor my beautiful new chair she says to me"Oh I think you should send it back look at the back leg it has a defect" I got down and looked, sure enough I knew WHO the defect was...thousands of teeth marks (Vegas was about 6 months old) I bought a wood color stick and did the best I can, you really can't see it unless you are looking but I had it for ONE day!! Bad thing is that it sits in the same room as I do, and he is always with me, WHEN was he so sneaky for this to happen?

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Samson really never chewed up much not even as a puppy, one shoe when he was a puppy and thats all I can think of. The only other thing I can think of is when we were getting ready to move into our townhouse where we live now both Samson and my beagle Loki started chewing things up. Our apartment was full of boxes and there were alot of things going on at the time so I am thinking they were stressed out or something. They chewed up the corners of several of our moving boxes and ALL 4 corners of my coffee table. And this is WAS a nice piece of furniture that came from Dave's familie's home at their hunting club. Thats the worst thing he ever chewed up, in his defense it was a joint effort and I think it was mostly stress related because he never chews stuff up except his own toys. Oh wait and another joint effort, they chewed up the corners of an area rub we had in our apartment a couple years ago.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Let's see, there were my students HST 109 papers that Linus and Bentley chewed up. Then there was a kitchen chair. Then Linus picked through my purse and left EVERYTHING but chewed up an expensive pair of sunglasses and a credit card. Truman and Linus got to my rocking chair but the absolute worst is this:

When Linus was a puppy, before I was married, he knocked the wedding band my husband bought for me off of a table, destroyed the inner and outer boxes and consumed the ring. (Thankfully it was a small, smooth, thin band with a little diamond in it, so I was more concerned about the ring than Linus, at the time!) I was so upset! I was so mad! I called the vet and they said watch for the ring to come out on the other end and, sure enough, I dug through Linus' poop to get my wedding band out but it wasn't as funny as having to go back to the store, a Tiffany's in a very snobby part of town, and tell them I dug my ring out of my dog's poop but needed a new box for the ring! Luckily, they were nice and offered to clean the ring for me, and I happily accepted but it's kind of funny that my wedding band has traveled all the way through Linus' digestive tract.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
When Linus was a puppy, before I was married, he knocked the wedding band my husband bought for me off of a table, destroyed the inner and outer boxes and consumed the ring. (Thankfully it was a small, smooth, thin band with a little diamond in it, so I was more concerned about the ring than Linus, at the time!) I was so upset! I was so mad! I called the vet and they said watch for the ring to come out on the other end and, sure enough, I dug through Linus' poop to get my wedding band out but it wasn't as funny as having to go back to the store, a Tiffany's in a very snobby part of town, and tell them I dug my ring out of my dog's poop but needed a new box for the ring! Luckily, they were nice and offered to clean the ring for me, and I happily accepted but it's kind of funny that my wedding band has traveled all the way through Linus' digestive tract.

Oh wow thats a good one! I'd like to hear the story that can top that!!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Cant beat these ones thankfully but cutty has been known to eat bras which as we all know arent cheap. Oh and shoes of course. Not both but just 1 so that the other is worthless. :D

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
Winston used to to eat shoes, but just the expensive ones. He also can get cash out of my wallet, sunglasses out of my purse...of course the $200 ones not the $15 one. What can I say...he has good taste!!! :rolleyes:

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Silva has chewed a few things an area rug, a brush, the baseboard by the front door and the bottom of my daughters dresser but definately cant top the stories above! :whew:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I selected No. But then I was looking thru a photo album of all the toys that ended up in Vegas's "not tuff enuff" box. All the toys that met thier demise by a young bulldogs grip and pull.
I found a photo of my Skechers. I bought a pair of Skechers off of craigslist for 10.00. I loved them. I had them for about 6 months when Vegas discovered one. He picked it up and took it into his kennel.
It wasn't valuable...I wasn't mad...I just love me a good Skecher!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Gracie is such an Angel,,,, no chewing. But Im having a great laugh at all your stories... :lol:

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
Well here we go.... Chief was sick. We put him in the (old house) downstairs bathroom, it was big... We went out for a little while, came home to find he ate the wall!!! I had to go out and get the drywall and the strip of wood and the crown molding to make it all better...

Ireland OH Ireland.. I have two tables that are cherry wood and marble from Italy... She chewed both legs on the one table... Then we went and bought a new flat screen tv, and a nice stand for it to sit on. well after hubby and I spent 2 hours putting the new stand together we left it in the middle of the front room, I got up early the next morning let Ireland out of her kennel and laid on the couch.. Woke up an hour later and yep she chewed one of the corners of it... and she has chewed the corners of my oak kitchen cabinets.. Thankfully she has for the most part learned that she cant chew on the wood. (thanks to the fly swater) She did try and chew hubbys grandfather clock and when i yelled she got the hint.

Gene_the demon

Oct 22, 2010
El Paso, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Gene "The Demon"
I keep all my ticket stubs from the concerts i go to, well im only 19 years old and last december i FINALLY for the first time in my life got to see my favorite band in the world: KISS. well i forgot the ticket wasnt in a place very high... i walk into my room and there is gene giving me them puppy eyes with the ticket all chewed up at his paws.... :angry: but i couldnt stay mad. not when he gives me those eyes. :lol:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.