Daily poll: Did your breeder give you a contract with your bulldog?

Did your breeder give you a contract with your bulldog?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Did your breeder give you a contract with your bulldog?
bullypoll.png

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Yes. The typical health warrantee, etc.

I think the contracts are worthless though. How many of us would really give up their bullie if there was a health issue? I know I couldn't.
I would love a contract to say "Will pay half your medical expenses the first year." But that's never gonna happen..

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Yes for Emma and No for Wilson (she didn't want him back.......:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:). Sorry [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] I couldn't resist. :ashamed:

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Yes. The typical health warrantee, etc.

I think the contracts are worthless though. How many of us would really give up their bullie if there was a health issue? I know I couldn't.
I would love a contract to say "Will pay half your medical expenses the first year." But that's never gonna happen..

Seriously...He was mine the second I picked him...no matter what might have been wrong with him, in that one second, they would have had to pry him out of my cold, dead hands! He stole our hearts so fast it wasn't even funny!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I voted other, because I give a contract with my pups. :)

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
Yes she did.After we loss Rocky in Oct 2012, I wanted another bully.I did a lot of looking for a good breeder.We found one in St Louis. We got King Louie Dec 26 2012 the breeder Angie did give us a contract with a 1 year health guarantee. He was so cute and sweet. On the ride home he did nothing but sleep. That should have been our first clue. I had noticed that he had troubles eating his food. He acted like he couldn't find it. I wasn't too concern cause the contract said we had to take King Louie to our vets within 24 hours to have him checked out. If you read Rocky's memorial you know that our Vet at that time did nothing to try and save Rocky. Don't know why I took Louie there. Any way Dr Hill said he looked and checked out ok. He said Louie was just playing with his food..nothing wrong with him. All's Louie wanted to do was lay in my arms. Thought maybe he just missed his mom. He started to adjust after a few days. But when we would put him in his crate he would scream...and I mean scream. Leon said I had him spoiled rotten..lol I knew that wasn't it. If I didn't go and pick him up he would go to the corner of the crate and put his nose in the corner...like a child . Leon thought its was cute. I wasn't getting much sleep at night cause of his crying in the crate. The next Monday he slept thought most of the night.When I got him up that morning he couldn't find me and was running into things. I knew he couldn't see. I got dressed and ran to the Vets office.Dr Hill said to leave him there. I called around 11am and he said that Louie couldn't see. What had happened to him? They wanted to keep him over night. I was so scared and wondering how I was gonna deal with a blind bully. The next morning I called and he said they didn'y know what caused it and they didnt know what to do...so I went to pick him up.Dr Hill didn't charge me for anything. At this time he was blind in both eyes. He scream and scream all the way home. I couldn't stand it and called the vets ...he told me to take him to the University of Illinois. My sister told me before I do that to take him to her vet Dr Rojas. They got me right in to see her. I had talked to the breeder Angie and she said it sounded like he got into something or eat a house plant..thought he was poisoned. I gave a list of things that I clean with and all the house plants. They ran some test...that wasn't it. Dr Rojas took him back to have the other vets look at him.At this time he had went into coma . I had been on the phone talking to Angie. She wanted me to bring him back to her vets.She said that If I had him put to sleep it would void the contract. I didn't care..i wasnt gonna let Louie suffer any more. Well Dr Rojas came back and said that he had hydrocephalus...that means he had water on the brain. My poor Louie.I couldn't stop crying plus trying to deal with Angie. Dr Rojas also said that he was dehydrated and constipated. What did Dr Hill do for him when he had Louie for a day and a half? NOTHING! That is why he didn't charge me. They didn't even give him water or a IV. Am really pissed off now. Dr Rojas said that MAYBE he could have been saved if it was caught in time. I decided to have him put down. He didn't need to suffer any longer.I called and told Angie..she told me not to do it. To bring Louie to her and have her Vet check him out and then she would have her vet put him down and then do a autopsy.If not the contract is no good. At this time I didn't care about the money I just wanted to make sure Louie was no longer in pain. I asked Dr Rojas to keep his body over night so I could bring him home the next day to bury him next to Rocky. Angie called again thsi time she said that she talked to her vet and he said that it was probably cause by the ruff delivery his mom had. So now she said that since I did those things with out her consent she could only refund $1000 or give me another pup from a different litter. I wanted the money Leon said he wanted another pup.Since we already lost a lot of money for vet bills and from her not gonna refund all our money.I had already loss Rocky 3 months before and now I loss Louie. Why would I want another pup from her? The only pups she had left were brindle. I wanted a white bully..that's what I paid for. Any way I ended up getting Stinky. To be honest I wasn't too happy at first. I still wanted Louie.After a few days I bonded with him. I love him to death. And from that day Dr Rojas has been my vet. I will never go back to Dr Hill again. I didn't get the colored bully I wanted but I couldn't ask for a better one. He has been my baby. And Angie and I became friends and talk all the time about Stinky. As a matter of fact I sent her a EBN calender for Christmas. I figured she never had one of her bullies in a calender before. I even had Stinky sign it with is paw print..lol So..that's my story about a contract. Don't know if it really helps or not.

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes she did.After we loss Rocky in Oct 2012, I wanted another bully.I did a lot of looking for a good breeder.We found one in St Louis. We got King Louie

How heartbreaking, but wow what a journey you've been on. Thank you for sharing that Dana, I love Stinky Petey.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber and Ruby are from the same breeder with the same mother and father and I have a contract on both of them. I wouldn't think of giving either of them up, they were perminent family the minute I layed eyes on them.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.