12/7/10 poll: Do you let your bulldog on the furniture?

Do you allow your bulldog(s) onto the furniture?

• Total voters

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Before we got Gracie both of us were adament about not allowing her on the furniture...... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..... you know how long that lasted don't ya? LOL She does however only get on the love seat no other furniture... well ok, she gets on our bed in the evening when Im watching tv but doesnt stay the night ... yet ;)

FYI,,,,, I queen-sized fitted sheet works well for a slip-cover on a love seat. We priced regular slip-covers and they were quite expensive compared to the fitted sheet.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I always let the dogs on the couch but my first couch was fabric and I was driven to insanity (I'm a neat freak) by the hair all over everything. I FINALLY got a few couch, which was leather, so I could wipe it down and get the hair off but, at first, I said I was going to crack down and not let the dogs up on the new couch. This photo was taken moments after the new couch was delivered:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=860]jillh10[/MENTION] ......... That pic made me lol. They are like "OK, We approve, You can keep it! " LOL

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Curious, what naughty things? lol. :D

Mostly chewing stuff up and peeing. She has always been a monster about pottying in the house, SO hard to potty train. The most notable naughty night time potty accident was one night while we were still trying to let Little Miss Beaglesworth sleep with us she peed up between our pillows than ran off after finishing stepping on my head in the process! That of course woke me up and then I saw pee by my pillow. That was a pleasant experience, NOT!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
No. We've always had big dogs, and so the rule has always been no dogs on the furniture. Seems unfair to Arrow to let the girls on furniture and he can't. So we just have the same rule for everybody.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
lex is allowed on the furniture but bo isnt cause hes so big and clumsy we are afriad he will poke holes in the leather couch.. when i first got bo he used to sleep in bed with me and he thought just cause jeff was over he still got his spot!!! well after a few of me gettin pushed off the bed bo now sleeps on the floor.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Before we got Gracie both of us were adament about not allowing her on the furniture...... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..... you know how long that lasted don't ya? LOL She does however only get on the love seat no other furniture... well ok, she gets on our bed in the evening when Im watching tv but doesnt stay the night ... yet ;)

FYI,,,,, I queen-sized fitted sheet works well for a slip-cover on a love seat. We priced regular slip-covers and they were quite expensive compared to the fitted sheet.

We're lucky that Gracie doesn't like going into the livingroom unless we coax her in. So she doesn't get on the furniture in there and we can keep it hair free for company. (Well except for the Christmas photo shoot where I put her in a chair beside the Christmas tree)
We change the sheet on the loveseat once a week. and it's also it's a tan flannel so it doesn't really show her hair.

Handsome

Dec 8, 2010
Jupiter, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Handsome
Nope. Doggies aren't allowed on the furniture. They are already spoiled with their own beds and mattresses on the floor in their own 10x10 doggy-only room.

Our couches are light colored, and they'd be black as night every day if we did. As it is, I have to vacuum daily with all the dog hair everywhere.

"H" especially cannot get on the furniture even if we didn't have light colors. His incontinence problem wouldn't make the furniture smell all that great. :eek:

SJQuirk

Dec 21, 2010
South Dakota
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
Louie is quite spoiled. If I am sitting on the couch he will give me the 'sad' look if he doesn't get to sit on there too.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I wish! we don't let butler on the main couch because we don't want him up there when we eat or have people over. Daddy doesn't know that i do however let butler on our round couch when he isn't home. >.< it is the perfect size for me and my baby, it swivels and i'm the only one who uses it. he doesn't understand that he can get up there when dad isn't home but not when he is. poor butler, i confuse him. he is allowed on the bed, especially when i do my fb-ing or now my ebn-ing or homework, and last night i finally convinced mario to let butler sleep with us! we need a king bed for that though. :lol:

I asked my bf for a king bed for Christmas. Of course, the main reason so Stiggy can sleep with us too. lol.

bubba88

May 21, 2011
I don't know what to do, I just got a brand new sofa and it was kind of expensive. The previous couch they ruined because they were babies and now they can hold their bladder better. I am not sure if I should allow them to play on it or not, because they are not calm they like to wrestle with each other. Help me?

Attachments

• imagejpeg_3_18.jpg
    imagejpeg_3_18.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 53

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I don't know what to do, I just got a brand new sofa and it was kind of expensive. The previous couch they ruined because they were babies and now they can hold their bladder better. I am not sure if I should allow them to play on it or not, because they are not calm they like to wrestle with each other. Help me?

Slip covers can do wonders!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Members online

No members online now.