12/7/10 poll: Do you let your bulldog on the furniture?

Do you allow your bulldog(s) onto the furniture?

• Total voters

LoveMyBully82

Aug 30, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
Jackson is only allowed to get on one loveseat in the living room downstairs and we keep a comforter on it. Our furniture is light colored and pretty new, and I'm not trying to have his fur all over everything. He loves his little loveseat though. He lounges and sleeps on it a lot. When we have guests over, we take the comforter off the loveseat, vacuum it (for any stray hairs), and febreeze it just in case there's a "doggy" smell. lol

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
We're really bad. All our dogs have always been allowed on just about all furniture. I do try to keep them off my looking at couch and I've given up on my looking at chair so I have covers on it now. Our main sectional couch has throw blankets on each end for the fur kids. Yep, don't like it don't come over is our motto. :D

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
Pan actually considers the love seat to be his own personal relaxation station. If one of the children are sitting on it and Pan decides he needs a nap he'll either give them the stink eye until they move, hop on it and push them to the corner, or stump over to his bed and pout. It's funny seeing him take it over from our teenagers, only because of how offended they get when he won't share it and they are crammed into half a cushion while he has the rest. :ROFL:

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Yup, we try to keep them off the leather chair only in fear that they will rip it. But other than that they are always on the couch! I do keep sheets and blankets on the couch and wash them a couple times a week! I mean it is their house so I guess I'm just lucky Gio and Diva allow me on their furniture!!:lol:

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: yes they love to sleep on it my floor is so hard anyway I wouldn't want to sleep on it either:D

redhed

Jun 22, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sancho
I know this won't be popular, but Sancho is not allowed in the carpeted areas of the house, on the furniture, and especially not in our bed/bedroom. It's not because we're mean (really), it's mainly due to my severe allergies to his dander. Plus, I'm a type-A super neat freak and I think I would go insane with allergies AND messes. More than half our home is tiled, so he still has access to a good portion of the house.

So far, this hasn't been an issue, as we've never given him that space and then taken it back. He has never been in those areas and knows he's not allowed. It may become harder as he gets older, but we're going to hold our ground. The only way I can see this POSSIBLY changing is if we decide to re-floor the house and ditch the carpet. Even then, though, no furniture.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Yes little miss is allowed on the couch she is our baby! Why have a dog if you arent going to sit and snuggle?:confused:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.