Poll: Do you allow your bulldog(s) onto the furniture?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 12/7/10 poll: Do you let your bulldog on the furniture?

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 12/7/10 poll: Do you let your bulldog on the furniture?

Vegas is allowed on all furniture EXCEPT the couch, I try to keep one piece of furniture for company so when they stand up they don't have Vegas hairs all over their bottoms. Joe and I sit in the loveseat all the time anyway, with Vegas right in between us. He knows he is not allowed on the couch so when he is being crazy doing laps around the dining room he will run in the living room and jump on the couch, by the time I tell him to get down, he is already off of the couch, he likes to "tease" me quick jump up and off he goes!!

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

all furniture and beds!!! Our entire pet family is spoiled(two bullie one Belgiun Malanois and a cat) Our couch is leather, so we cover it with a blanket and change it out. Of course when company is here, we leave the blanket off. All animals also sleep in our bed....King size of course. And in the RV, again all furniture and beds.

Always with me

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)

I wish! we don't let butler on the main couch because we don't want him up there when we eat or have people over. Daddy doesn't know that i do however let butler on our round couch when he isn't home. >.< it is the perfect size for me and my baby, it swivels and i'm the only one who uses it. he doesn't understand that he can get up there when dad isn't home but not when he is. poor butler, i confuse him. he is allowed on the bed, especially when i do my fb-ing or now my ebn-ing or homework, and last night i finally convinced mario to let butler sleep with us! we need a king bed for that though.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Before we got Gracie both of us were adament about not allowing her on the furniture...... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..... you know how long that lasted don't ya? LOL She does however only get on the love seat no other furniture... well ok, she gets on our bed in the evening when Im watching tv but doesnt stay the night ... yet

FYI,,,,, I queen-sized fitted sheet works well for a slip-cover on a love seat. We priced regular slip-covers and they were quite expensive compared to the fitted sheet.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

I always let the dogs on the couch but my first couch was fabric and I was driven to insanity (I'm a neat freak) by the hair all over everything. I FINALLY got a few couch, which was leather, so I could wipe it down and get the hair off but, at first, I said I was going to crack down and not let the dogs up on the new couch. This photo was taken moments after the new couch was delivered:

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

@jillh10 ......... That pic made me lol. They are like "OK, We approve, You can keep it! " LOL

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by savemejeebus View Post
    Curious, what naughty things? lol.
    Mostly chewing stuff up and peeing. She has always been a monster about pottying in the house, SO hard to potty train. The most notable naughty night time potty accident was one night while we were still trying to let Little Miss Beaglesworth sleep with us she peed up between our pillows than ran off after finishing stepping on my head in the process! That of course woke me up and then I saw pee by my pillow. That was a pleasant experience, NOT!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

Yup she is on all the furniture. My rules are for people who dont like dogs or dog fur is Silva lives here and you dont!!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

No. We've always had big dogs, and so the rule has always been no dogs on the furniture. Seems unfair to Arrow to let the girls on furniture and he can't. So we just have the same rule for everybody.

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

lex is allowed on the furniture but bo isnt cause hes so big and clumsy we are afriad he will poke holes in the leather couch.. when i first got bo he used to sleep in bed with me and he thought just cause jeff was over he still got his spot!!! well after a few of me gettin pushed off the bed bo now sleeps on the floor.

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    Before we got Gracie both of us were adament about not allowing her on the furniture...... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..... you know how long that lasted don't ya? LOL She does however only get on the love seat no other furniture... well ok, she gets on our bed in the evening when Im watching tv but doesnt stay the night ... yet

FYI,,,,, I queen-sized fitted sheet works well for a slip-cover on a love seat. We priced regular slip-covers and they were quite expensive compared to the fitted sheet.
    We're lucky that Gracie doesn't like going into the livingroom unless we coax her in. So she doesn't get on the furniture in there and we can keep it hair free for company. (Well except for the Christmas photo shoot where I put her in a chair beside the Christmas tree)
    We change the sheet on the loveseat once a week. and it's also it's a tan flannel so it doesn't really show her hair.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Handsome
    Likes (Received)

Nope. Doggies aren't allowed on the furniture. They are already spoiled with their own beds and mattresses on the floor in their own 10x10 doggy-only room.

Our couches are light colored, and they'd be black as night every day if we did. As it is, I have to vacuum daily with all the dog hair everywhere.

"H" especially cannot get on the furniture even if we didn't have light colors. His incontinence problem wouldn't make the furniture smell all that great.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads