Daily poll: How long did it take to potty train your puppy?

How long did it take to potty train your puppy?

• Within six months of age

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • Within a year

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Within 2 years

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Still a baby

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Was trained when we got him/her

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
How long did it take to potty train your puppy? :walk:
bullypoll.png

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea was fairly trained when we picked her up but she stopped having accidents in the house on a regular basis at 3 months and has't had one in the house since she was 3.5 months old. She is 7 months now.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Ruthie was a puppy mill dog, so going potty anywhere was acceptable when we got her. It took us about a year to get her fully trained. My poor girl, she has a hard time holding it anyway so we have to be very disciplined with her about bathroom habits.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus was the best dog I have ever had with potty training. He was fully trained really by the time he was a couple of months old. He only had a couple of pee pee accidents in that time and never a poopy one.

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie was a puppy mill dog, so going potty anywhere was acceptable when we got her. It took us about a year to get her fully trained. My poor girl, she has a hard time holding it anyway so we have to be very disciplined with her about bathroom habits.
Poor little baby. Give her an extra hug from me and Brutus. My black lab was a puppy mill doggie and she almost died the first week we got her. She was in the hospital for a week.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Poor little baby. Give her an extra hug from me and Brutus. My black lab was a puppy mill doggie and she almost died the first week we got her. She was in the hospital for a week.
I will :) What was wrong with her?

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She had some kind of stomach infection. She stopped eating and drinking. They had her on IV's for the week and antibiotics. she was so little and weak. I cried the whole week. She was fine the first couple of days we had her then bam, sick so fast. She is now going to be 11yrs old in March. Thank god.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Both of mine got hang of it at 6 months.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We have them potty trained by 5 to 6 months of age.

Sarah Elizabeth

Oct 20, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hulk
Hulks 4 months and he's getting better and better. For the most part he has it down. He doesn't poo inside anymore but he does occasionally pee inside.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Rocco is pretty much potty trained. Aside from marking when other dogs are around. It took three months of me having him (5 months old) last month was when we had this breakthrough. I looked to my girlfriend and was like "do you remember the last time Rocco went to the bathroom on the floor?" She was like no actually lol. Guess he's potty trained!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
2 months -lily the bulldog
1 week (or less) shy deaf american bulldog mix
Gets to prove that bulldogs are not very clever dogs ,but they make up for it with their cuteness

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber took almost 8 months and Ruby was about the same age. I suspect mine took a little longer because everyone in my house works throughout the day so the girls made mistakes because of our schedule. Once they gained full bladder control is when they became housebroke. Now, we still have an occassional accident if we.......forget to close the bathroom door and they suck down the toliet water. As my memory services me it was 8 months for both.

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Ugh... I want to say shes potty trained... But really shes not. Shes good to ask to go out. But if we are upstairs or playing and she has to go she wont ask. She will just go in the spot shes standing in. No warning... No sniffing.. Just squating..

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Awe give her loves from us! Sheldon was easily potty trained within the first few weeks we had him.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online