Daily poll: Does your Bulldog have a morning routine?

Does your Bulldog have a morning routine?

• Yes (please explain)

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Sort of

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Does your Bulldog have a morning routine?
bullypoll.png

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Not just morning but a daily one but I will just list the morning details.

Mondays, Fridays and Weekends:

0530 Wakeup
0535 Morning potty
0600 Breakfast in her crate
0730 Second potty outing
0800 Is out and about until dinner time full roam of the house

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday:

0530 Wakeup
0535 Morning potty
0600 Breakfast in her crate
0730 Second potty outing
0800 Is either in her playpen, up in the front office with me until lunch time or roaming between my office and the living room until my wife gets home from work. The rest of the house is blocked off.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Brie sorta does. During the week, M-F when hubby n son are at school we get up at 6:30 to go potty, then have breakfast, then back out for another walk, then plays a bit, then naps.
During the weekends or when everyone is home the routine is the same but the time could be anywhere from 8-10 depending on how long she will let me sleep.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I would say no... they have more of a weather routine:) if it's sunny they sleep cos it's warm, if it's raining they sleep cos it's raining, LOL. And since I'm always home they can pretty much do what ever they want at any time.

Joey has somewhat of a routine, if she doesn't get food at 9am and 5pm she barks and the same goes for bedtime, if I haven't taken her outside at 9pm she barks. The door is wide opened but I have to go with her, she's so precious:heart:

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
No- June does what she wants when she wants haha. My bf jokes that "it has to be her idea". I get up around 6:45 and open her crate an occasionally she will come out and i'll take her potty and then get ready, but most of the time she just sits in there and watches me do my hair and makeup. (She can see into the bathroom from her crate). If she does come out, we have to get her harness on, or block her from going back to her crate or else she runs back to her crate if she knows we are taking her outside. if we try and pull her out of her crate to go potty she just goes lifeless and I can't get 30 lbs. of dead weight out, it's pretty hilarious. She likes being outside so I don't know why she fights it so much?!

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
6:15 - Time to wake mom up by snorting, growling, putting my tongue on her face, pawing at her face, just annoy her until she wakes up for breakfast.
6:16 - Yahoo she's up...come on lets get breakfast
6:20 - come on mom, I don't care if you have to potty, lets get breakfast!
6:21 - BREAKFAST!!!!!!
6:21:22 - (LOL, She inhales food) Gotta potty, sure is cold out, I'm not gonna go until mom comes out and yells at me to go.
6:30 - mom sure did yell at me a lot, I love being back in the warm
6:31 - 4:00PM - nappin, snoring, fartin, snugglin with my kitty, on the couch, so cozy.
4:00PM - ohhhh dad is home...DINNER!!!!
4:05 - Yeah, I'm not gonna potty for dad, he doesn't make me go like mama, back to sleep.
5:20 - MOM IS HOME!!!! Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle and lots of lovins time
5:30- Crap, shes making me go potty
5:45 - Humans making dinner, maybe i'll get some
6:30 - 9PM - Lots of lovins, walkin,and playing toys
9PM - OH, I get a treat, I know mom is hiding my medicine in this cheese, I better spit it out.
905 - ohhhhh another piece of cheese
9:06 - I don't wanna potty, I'm going to test mom's patience.
9:15 - Back in the warm house, let's play toys!
9:30 - BEDTIME!!! Come on lets snuggle

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
My guys wake up with us at 6:00 am, and go out for their first walk and to go potty, when we get back they eat breakfast at 6:30 am, and then usually they go back to sleep for acouple of hours.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Well for Gio, his day starts around 11a.m...seriously. He won't eat before noon or go outside, he sleeps! Once he does get up, he has his lunch and goes out potty. Then usually back to sleep for a nap since I leave for class. In the afternoon around 4 he goes on his afternoon walk through the woods, usually about 1.2-2.5 miles. Then he usually naps a bit then has his dinner. After dinner is when he gets very playful! He is usually crazy till about 10 or so at night and then he starts settling down for the night.

Diva and Princess are on the same schedule. Both get up around 7 for their morning potty, they then go back to bed, then they wake up around 11 or so and I feed them their lunch (with Gio) and they go out for another potty break. They usually go back to sleep around this time since I have to go to class. I take Diva for a walk with Gio, and Princess will sometimes come but the walk will be much shorter. After the walk they either nap or start playing. Then Dinner, after dinner Diva starts to settle down for the night and Princess usually wants to play at this point. Princess starts to settle down around 8:30 or 9.

Sarah Elizabeth

Oct 20, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hulk
Hulks is pretty simple as long as I'm not working a day shift that coincides with my boyfriends, as long as I'm off we get up at about 5:45 for his morning potty break, eat/drink right after then lay back down at about 6:10 when my boyfriend leaves for work. We usually get back up about 2-3 hours later and he gets his next potty and morning dose of coconut oil :-) if I'm working midnights it works about pretty much the same with timing for him :-). On weekends the process starts at about 7 or so.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yep, pretty much their whole like is a routine. LOL

tekstrand24

Jan 22, 2013
So Cal
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
5:45 - Wakes up with me
6:00 - Goes outside to take care of business while I make his breakfast
6:05 - eats breakfast
6:15 - Goes outside to take care of business again

after that he goes back to bed until I am ready to go to work.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
The Monday thru Friday schedule is:

6:10 Wake up and walk
6:30 Breakfast
The gf...i mean...fiance...tks him out before she leaves usually around 8 unless she works 3-11 then she is with him until about 2:30
Then he is in the crate until her return which varies from 11-4 or 2:30-6
6:00 Walk
6:45 Dinner
8:00 walk
11:00 walk then bed

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Are you kidding? He's a bulldog, of course he has a routine -- and no one had better screw it up!?

Monday - Friday
6:00 -- Mom wakes me up by washing my wrinkles and ears (I hate the wrinkle washing)
6:15 -- We go for a walk
6:30 -- BREAKFAST!
7:00 -- I start annoying Mom while she's drinking her coffee so we can go out and play -- we usually play in the yard until
about 7:30 (if the weather is okay)
7:30 -- Mom goes upstairs to her office and I sleep on my chair
8:30 -- Mom comes down and gets her breakfast and calls our Aunt - she's almost 89! - and I get a treat (I know it's my cosequine in cheese, but I pretend its a treat)
12:00 -- Mom comes down and lets me out in the yard for a potty break and then goes back to work
2:00 - 2:30 -- Mom comes down and has lunch...I beg and beg and beg and beg... Sometimes Mom has to be back upstairs to work more and I sleep on the couch
4:00 -- Mom takes me for a walk; when we get back, we play in the yard
5:30 -- DINNER! I love dinner!
7:00 -- Mom eats dinner -- I do the annoying begging thing again
7:30 -- Potty in the yard
8:00 -- I either get on the couch next to Mom (if she's sitting there) or up on my ottoman and sort of take a nap...I snore 'cause I know Mom likes it!
10:00 -- Mom says, Time to go out Dudley and we do potty in the yard. Then....she takes off my collar and tells me it's time to go sleepy, sleeps. She puts my favorite blankie on the couch and I usually get up and go to sleepy sleeps...it makes her happy!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Absolutely --- and if in any way deviated... trouble will be had.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
We try to stick to a routine but Brutus does what he wants so it really depends on how lazy he feels. Day starts whenever king Tut decides it startes.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online