Daily poll: Do you have a special "talk" that you use with your bulldog?

Do you have a special "talk" that you use with your bulldog?

• Yes!

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Maybe a little

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • No, not really

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Do you have a special "talk" that you use with your bulldog?
bullypoll.png

shamrock13

Sep 4, 2013
Absecon, New Jersey
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
Lol good question Phil. Yes I do speak to Hooch in a different voice , I don't know why, and I often wonder what he thinks about it. However, I do notice just the slightest wiggle going on with that corkscrew tail of his when I do it. Shamrock13

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
I voted sometimes - I usually talk to him just like a normal person but sometimes I do give him the baby talk especially when I'm cuddling him and drowning in him in kisses! lol

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
My bf and I both baby talk to June. It's funny because I never pictured us being those kind of people, but it just happens! She's so cute our voices get all high pitched LOL

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I voted yes. I have all different voices for Brutus and he knows them all. Especially when he is a bad boy, he puts his head down and wont look at me.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I talk to Amber and Ruby the same way I talk to my daugther and grandchildren. So, when I say, "Hey, everyone, come here" a stampede comes running.

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
I baby talk to Stinky when I tell him he's a "good boy" and when am lovin on him.

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
definitely! I talk to her in different voices...sometimes she ignores me completely other times she is receptive to the attention and acts all wiggly! I like it better when she's wiggly. :)

i also have special words for her: Bubby, baby chick, chicklet, maranitha (taken from the spanish 'maranita' which means little pig), petunia Pig, fat chick (said lovingly of course!), darling girl, lissy girl, my love (my husband thinks I am talking to HIM when I say this--is it wrong that I am not???).

I sure do love my gerl!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm definitely a lot more chipper and cheery when I speak to the boys (as opposed to speaking to humans, LOL)! There are certain words that are definitely only for my babies to hear; examples--"rubby wubby" for belly rubs, "booty,booty" for when i need to clean their tail pockets, "massagy" for their nightly back rubs, "mum mum" for their meals. Those are just a few examples! :rolleyes:

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I put maybe a little. I think when I'm alone with him I talk all crazy and I'm sure I would sound like an idiot to the rest of the world lol

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't do it as much as my wife does, she has this high pitched tone that she uses and he goes all butt wiggles all over the place. It's pretty funny to see him react to it.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I am guilty of this. We also have special words like "rubba rubba bulldog" when she comes in wet and gets a towel massage. Bill tries to rhyme everything--"Mabel wable," etc.--quite comical but I dare not laugh! I have tried several pitches in my voice to try to get her attention. She has very selective hearing.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I voted sometimes. I usually talk in normal tone w Brie, but I do have some higher pitch tones when I'm asking her to go poo or start w the baby talk when I snuggle w her n am hugging her. Dunno why we do that. Lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.