Daily poll: Is your bully crate trained?

Is your bully crate trained?

• Yes

Votes: 32 78.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Is your bully crate trained?
bullypoll.png

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Yes, all 3 of mine are crate trained (crate trained by their breeder)

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
I was surprised at how quickly and easily June took to her crate. The only time she whined or cried in it was on the first morning we ever left her in there to go to work, but I think that was more about us leaving and not necessarily a crate issue. She sleeps in it every night and doesn't want to come out in the morning haha. I open the door and she just sits or lays in it and watches me get ready in the mornings till I finally coax her out with food. She also goes in it when we eat dinner. When we get her treats out she runs to her crate :) Amazing how quickly they pick up routines!

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Yes, Dudley was crate trained. Although he sleeps wherever he wants now, and does not get put in his crate when we go out, he always goes in there in the afternoon for a nap. And, quite frequently when I go out, I come home to find him sleeping in his crate. I felt terrible at first putting him in there...but it likely saved his life and mine! Now, he chooses to go there, so he must like it and feel safe there.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh HECK YES!! Brutus does not sleep in his kennel any more because he turns into a cement lump when it is bed time and not even dynamite will get him off the couch, but he has to go in when we are not home. I don't know if he gets mad that we leave him but bad bad things happen when Bruty is left to his own devices.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Stigs and Punks are both crate trained but we put them away a while back. They're welcome on any furniture and they usually sleep on the couch or our bed.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I voted other, cause mine rarely spend time in their crates, but when needed, like in dog show's, they are comfortable in them.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yes, all of ours are crate trained and we always crate train our pups too.

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We never had to put Buster in his crate for any real length of time only when he was really young. He's a good boy out in the den where he spends most of the day.

Benedict2013

Dec 25, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Benedict
Benedict is not crate trained, he has full freedom to the kitchen, family room and sun room I have a gate at the stairs and basement. He had knee surgery so he can't go up the stairs.

Heather Wilson

Nov 18, 2013
San Diego, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Walter
No. Walter is a rescue and he is very well behaved, so we opted not to crate train him. We don't have know much about the first 2 to 2.5 years of his life, so we chose not to add any extra pressure or stress to him. Had we gotten him as a puppy, it would be different. He hides under the bed sometimes LOL, so that's his "crate".

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.