Poll: If you could have as many bulldogs as you wanted, how many would you have?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll 12/2/2010: If you could have as many Bulldogs as you wanted, how many would you have?

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Poll 12/2/2010: If you could have as many Bulldogs as you wanted, how many would you have?

Open for discussion. Remember, you must care for each of them yourself, so honestly- how many would you have?

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Poll 12/2/2010: If you could have as many Bulldogs as you wanted, how many would you have?

I say 3 but I am sure once I got the 3 I would want more.

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Poll 12/2/2010: If you could have as many Bulldogs as you wanted, how many would you have?

I say 5 but would love more, but there is only 4 of us in the house so not enough hands for all the loves and scratches lol...

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I think 2 is perfect for our lifestyle. 1 for each of us to spoil. But ideally, maybe 1 for each future kid.
    Last edited by savemejeebus; 12-02-2010 at 11:07 AM.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Thats a hard one. I guess I would say 2 because I know how demanding they usually are for attention and I wouldn't want anyone left out. That is my rational answer. But if I found ones that needed to be adopted or fostered and would be a good fit for us I could totally see bringing more home. Dave and I are both total dog lovers and have a total soft spot for the ones in need so we both agree we will probably end up with alot once we have more time, money and a bigger home.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Two because they're great together and the dynamic they develop is so wonderful. Anymore than that, I'm not sure I'd be able to afford it and give them all the attention they need...err....demand.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

I say two, especially since I have learned so much from this site about the proper care, there was a time that I thought One was too much!!! My only fear of getting another is Vegas does not have an aggressive bone in his body and I would be afraid of getting one that would be, and I do not want to see fighting going on. Other than that the thought of two sounds good to me!!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I would say three, although I have five. Five is definitely harder and I must admit I miss the days of the unique bond you get when you have only one or two. But I always like to have more to do than I can possibly handle, so I would say three.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    My only fear of getting another is Vegas does not have an aggressive bone in his body and I would be afraid of getting one that would be, and I do not want to see fighting going on.
    If that is your worry I suggest getting a female next if it's an adult. If you get a puppy you could get either a male or female and it shouldn't be an issue but when you get 2 same sex adult dogs together they could possibly have issues.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TessaAndSamson View Post
    If that is your worry I suggest getting a female next if it's an adult. If you get a puppy you could get either a male or female and it shouldn't be an issue but when you get 2 same sex adult dogs together they could possibly have issues.
    Right on. If you get a puppy, it's usually not an issue. We got Linus when Bentley was 2 and Truman when Linus was 4 and we never had any problems and they were all males.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

If money weren't an object..and I could retire too I'd quickly change Bruce's mind and we'd have two....but since I can't retire for a while and money is an object I will be perfectly content with the one we have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads