Poll 12/2/2010: If you could have as many Bulldogs as you wanted, how many would you have?

If you could have as many bulldogs as you wanted, how many would you have?

• One

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Two

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Three

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Four

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Five

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Six

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Seven

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Eight

• Nine

• Ten or more!

• Total voters

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Open for discussion. Remember, you must care for each of them yourself, so honestly- how many would you have?

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
I say 5 but would love more, but there is only 4 of us in the house so not enough hands for all the loves and scratches lol...

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I think 2 is perfect for our lifestyle. 1 for each of us to spoil. But ideally, maybe 1 for each future kid. :luv:

Last edited:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Thats a hard one. I guess I would say 2 because I know how demanding they usually are for attention and I wouldn't want anyone left out. That is my rational answer. But if I found ones that needed to be adopted or fostered and would be a good fit for us I could totally see bringing more home. Dave and I are both total dog lovers and have a total soft spot for the ones in need so we both agree we will probably end up with alot once we have more time, money and a bigger home.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Two because they're great together and the dynamic they develop is so wonderful. Anymore than that, I'm not sure I'd be able to afford it and give them all the attention they need...err....demand.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I say two, especially since I have learned so much from this site about the proper care, there was a time that I thought One was too much!!! My only fear of getting another is Vegas does not have an aggressive bone in his body and I would be afraid of getting one that would be, and I do not want to see fighting going on. Other than that the thought of two sounds good to me!!

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would say three, although I have five. Five is definitely harder and I must admit I miss the days of the unique bond you get when you have only one or two. But I always like to have more to do than I can possibly handle, so I would say three. :)

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
My only fear of getting another is Vegas does not have an aggressive bone in his body and I would be afraid of getting one that would be, and I do not want to see fighting going on.

If that is your worry I suggest getting a female next if it's an adult. If you get a puppy you could get either a male or female and it shouldn't be an issue but when you get 2 same sex adult dogs together they could possibly have issues.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
If that is your worry I suggest getting a female next if it's an adult. If you get a puppy you could get either a male or female and it shouldn't be an issue but when you get 2 same sex adult dogs together they could possibly have issues.

Right on. If you get a puppy, it's usually not an issue. We got Linus when Bentley was 2 and Truman when Linus was 4 and we never had any problems and they were all males.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
If money weren't an object..and I could retire too I'd quickly change Bruce's mind and we'd have two....but since I can't retire for a while and money is an object I will be perfectly content with the one we have. :luv:

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I very nearly said three, because someday I'd really like to have a male, just to see what a male Bully is like. Also, I'd love to have one that's mostly white with just two or three spots on his butt (soooo cute!) But for right now two, who are still puppies, are plenty.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
It really depends....bullytude wise! If I had a choice of Vegastude...maybe three. If they were all Oriontude.....just one. Honestly, Orion is a delight when she is by herself. She isn't a handful..and she is really good about entertaining herself. It's when you mix the "laid back" with the "in your face".

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
I think 2 would be perfect but I know once we get another bully in the spring I would love more but money wise 2 is great!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online