Daily poll: Does your bulldog have a microchip?

Does your bulldog have a microchip?

• Yes

Votes: 28 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 32.5%

• Total voters

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Yes -Shy was microchipped by the dog pound and lily by the breeder
Even if one of them wasnt i would microchip them straight away

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Ok, I think my vote went is a yes AND no! My iPad is stupid. Both answers checked off when I checked yes. Before I could uncheck " no" it got sent. Yes he does for the record!

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster was chipped when he was clipped at 10 months. :)

mc68mc

Sep 11, 2012
Columbia Mo area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
Mayhem has not been micro-chipped yet. We are waiting for the vet to get the newer technology that has GPS built in
April got chipped when we had her spayed --- would so love the GPS chip to be a reality --- i heard they have been trying for years but there was a cancer issue , and battery life problems

Daphnee

Apr 7, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
daphnee
This isn't a microchip, but a collar with GPS..http://www.pettracker.com/ I'd be very suspicious with an implanted "GPS".. Battery life, radiation emission UNDER the skin, size.. I think that technology is, or should, still be some time away.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
In Australia it is compulsory that all dogs are microchipped before sold. All dogs sold on sites must have a microchip number advertised. So yes Bazza has a microchip.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
In Finland all pedigree dogs are microchipped before they go to their new homes. At around 6 weeks they are checked by the vet and get their chips at the same time. So yes, both of my boys are chipped.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Sadly, no. We meant to have on put in when she was spayed, n then when she did the cryosurgery but forgot to ask...stupid humans. I still would like to have it done. I hear the needle is very large, the chip us about the size of a grain of rice. Not sure it it is a painful procedure or not. The first vet we went to said not to do it when she was awake..?? I'll look into it again w the new vet.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Really? In here 6 weeks old puppys get microchipped, so it can not be that painful or need anesthesia....

Not sure it it is a painful procedure or not. The first vet we went to said not to do it when she was awake..??

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Really? In here 6 weeks old puppys get microchipped, so it can not be that painful or need anesthesia....

After I posted, I took a step back n realized the source of my info..the vet that told me that was the vet that allowed Brie's eyes to worsen for 2 weeks. I asked the new vet who said yes it is a larger needle but is still pretty much equivalent to a immunization shot. Some dogs just wiggle w it more cos of the area it is done at. I want to get it done for Brie at some point in near future.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Absolutely. I wanted every advantage of getting my baby back if she ever gets lost or stolen.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.