Daily poll: Is your bulldog spayed or neutered?

Is your bulldog spayed or neutered?

• Yes

Votes: 34 65.4%
  • No

Votes: 18 34.6%

• Total voters

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I voted no for now. Rocco turns 5 months tomorrow! His appointment for neuter/microchip is December 13 so he will be 6 months and a week. He has recently started to hump legs every now and then and that is behavior I just cannot deal with. My vet recommended to neuter 5-6 months and called it the "sweet spot" to get him before he starts marking. So I figured I stay on the tail end of that for my boy. I have a friend with an unnutered 1 year old and his humping and overall behavior is just too much. He didn't want to do it at first but now he is seriously contemplating it.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Yes all 3 are fixed and I will always spay and neuter any dog that I have in the future

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
We spayed blossom at 7 months, and before she went into heat, and we had Dozer neutered a week later. I wasn't breeding either one of them, and there are many health benefits to them being fixed, plus they are siblings and litter mates, so had to do it because I wouldn't be able to keep them separated when Blossom went into heat. We wouldn't want puppies with tails growing out of their foreheads. Lol

:ROFL:

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Ruthie went through a heat cycle before we had her spayed. The rescue she came from confirmed she was spayed when in fact she wasn't :(

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Im hoping to do it but those who know why i cant atm -but i will as soon as i can

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
Gunny just turned 6 months and we have not had it done yet. My breeder is trying to convince us not to do it and let her "use" him before we do.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
We had Sheldon fixed when he was 10 months old the vet said he would be healthier for it he has never really had humping issues I mean he does when over stimulated but a firm no usually fixes it.

BeeGee

Apr 26, 2013
Bryan, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lula Belle & Big Chief
Belle is scheduled to be spayed next week (almost 11 months). We are finishing up her first heat cycle this week and its been a very stressful few weeks for everyone! The doc wanted her to go through one heat cycle before we spayed to clear up some puppy- girly issues :-) This is our first girl dog and it has definitely been an experience...

Kucha

Feb 10, 2013
Country
Tokyo Japan
Bulldog(s) Names
Kucha
Kucha was spayed at 6 months.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.