Daily poll: Do you make your own bulldog treats?

Daily poll: Do you make your own bulldog treats?

• Yes

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • No

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
I've made bison treats, chicken liver treats and salmon treats. I usually make large batches and freeze them. I don't get to do it too often, but when I'm too busy, they just get good grain free treats from the pet boutique.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Sometimes I make Brie the frozen yogurt n peanut butter treats. The other treats she does get are homemade by the pet bakery I go to.

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
We make all of Harlea's frozen treats from various yogurts and fruits. her new favorite is apple carrot cubes.

Hi I saw your post on here a couple for fruits you give your dog. I wanted to see if I could pick ur brain a little about some good treats for Mia. Like I'm not sure if you peel the apple before giving it to her? She is teething any recommendations on treats for that?

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Hi I saw your post on here a couple for fruits you give your dog. I wanted to see if I could pick ur brain a little about some good treats for Mia. Like I'm not sure if you peel the apple before giving it to her? She is teething any recommendations on treats for that?

We always peel the apples first. For teething anything cold will help just like it does for an infant. We puree and freeze all kinds of fruits. Apples, bananas, cantaloupe, watermelon and honeydew to name a few. if you want more hits you can start a new post and more peeps will see it as well that can add their thoughts as well. :)

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
We always peel the apples first. For teething anything cold will help just like it does for an infant. We puree and freeze all kinds of fruits. Apples, bananas, cantaloupe, watermelon and honeydew to name a few. if you want more hits you can start a new post and more peeps will see it as well that can add their thoughts as well. :)

So you puree all fruits you don't just peel, cut and give them to her?

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
I make chicken liver training treats, home made peanut butter, freeze plain low fat yogurt with blueberries in ice cube trays.

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
We have started to crush n freeze summer fruits to cool our dogs down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
I know ur pups are still young when did you start giving them peanut butter, yogurts and fruit?

I started bella when she was about two month's old, Dozer had food problems right from eight weeks old when we got him that lasted for some seven weeks or so. They both get two and a half ounces of Kefir twice a day now as well as the fruit,vegetables and nut butters. Mia get's her kibble with frozen green bean's and yogurt.
I drink juiced vegetable's once a day for the micro nutrient's and been thinking of give them some, but have not yet.

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Sometimes I do. In the summer I slice bananas into coins and spread peanut butter on slice and top with another banana slice. They look like little sandwiches. I put the in the freezer. Meatball loves them! It's a nice cool tasty treat when it's hot! Actually my family has been known to eat them too! So I guess it's a family treat!

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
I started bella when she was about two month's old, Dozer had food problems right from eight weeks old when we got him that lasted for some seven weeks or so. They both get two and a half ounces of Kefir twice a day now as well as the fruit,vegetables and nut butters. Mia get's her kibble with frozen green bean's and yogurt.
I drink juiced vegetable's once a day for the micro nutrient's and been thinking of give them some, but have not yet.

So your mixing in green beans with kibble? That is a good idea I like that mix it up a little.

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sometimes I do. In the summer I slice bananas into coins and spread peanut butter on slice and top with another banana slice. They look like little sandwiches. I put the in the freezer. Meatball loves them! It's a nice cool tasty treat when it's hot! Actually my family has been known to eat them too! So I guess it's a family treat!

That is a cute idea and I can totally see my kids eating these up. Ya I like that something I can make for all my family kids & dog. Thanks

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.