12/1/10 poll. How did you choose your bulldogs name?

How did you select the name of your bulldog?

• Total voters

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
How did you choose the name of your bulldog? For those of us that own multiple bulldogs, you can choose more than one option. Please feel free to tell us about your answer.

Last edited:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
None of those options really apply to us.
We kept Gracie's name she had since we got an adult dog and didn't want to confuse her.
We added Princess because that's what she is.:up:
Oh and she answers to just Princess now too.
But I think she comes to "Schitzo" too when Bruce calls her in his sweet daddy voice.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
A place, and we all know by now, I eloped to Los Vegas last Sept. to get married. We got Vegas in October and I thought how perfect of a name!!

Speedbeegle

May 26, 2010
Western NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Tobias K. Smith
Tobias K. Smith had a lot of things going into his name. First was the Toby part: as a fan of Toby Keith, who for those who haven't seen him in concert, has a bully sidekick in opening movie before Toby hits the stage. Second was my other nonEB dog name is Rocky Dean for my love of Dean Smith, great basketball coach from UNC. Thirdly: my first bullly has the first name, middle initial, last name and I had to keep that going: RIP Hoover B. Tank! So that is how Tobias K. Smith came to have his name... mostly he is just Toby, sometimes Tman, whatever he is called he is an awesome bully.

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
We liked the name Chester..but said we had to see him before we would name him..and honestly..I think Chester..looks like a Chester :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I voted the same for both of my bullies.

Maggie ............ the royal british name of Princess Margaret.

Daddy ... because we both fell in love with Cesar Milan's pitbull named Daddy.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
jeff named him sense really lex is "his" dog.... whatever makes him happy haha... jeff liked the name lex after lex luther off of superman, and it fit lex perfect!!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I just liked Gertie and Ida, they seemed like good Bully names. The first and last name with a middle intial made me smile tho. It reminds me of my youngest daughter. Her name is Esther Rose Gray, but when she was really tiny my husband started calling her "Esther P. Magillacutty", no idea why. But she has been that, Esther P. or sometimes just Magillacutty ever since. Strange, huh?

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Well, I selected "After a place" for Vegas and "I just liked the name" for O. Vegas was named by my brother in law because my husband and I couldn't decide. I wanted Capone and he wanted Max. Capone was a bulldog we befriended on myspace. His story was one of sadness. Just a baby...he was diagnosed with cancer. His daddy tried so much stuff to get him better, but in the end, Capone passed away. He lived in Vegas. Since we couldn't decide on Capone, I was happy with Vegas...since he lived his life in Vegas. I can still see Vegas as a "Capone". I think of the name meaning "strength thru hardship".
I've always loved the name Ryan. I've always wanted to name my child it. Boy=Ryan Girl=Rian. Well, I met (in 1994) and married my husband in 1997 and wouldn't you know it? He has a cousin named Ryan. Not one that lives thousands of miles away, but one that lives down the street. So, I figured since the 2 legged kid idea never worked out...when we got word that Chesty and Cadence were expecting a litter......I decided that I would name out second little boy Orion. When the babies were born (one boy and one girl) I was so excited. I was heartbroken when the little boy passed away after 36 hours. He weighed only 4 oz when he was born. My mom asked me if I would take the little girl. I knew that 1) I didn't want a female and 2) I didn't want a white bulldog................so, I took her. I kept the name for her. The little boy was buried with full military honors under the name Tripoli. I still think of him as mine also. So, thats the story on our two.

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
my original 3 were born on Christmas day. so they had something xmas in the names.
Santas sunshine Tommy
jinglebells Baby Doll Susy
Izabella Christmas

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
well I tried and tried and could never come up with a name . The hubby wanted to name him Tyson, I liked it but it reminded me of the chicken truck :lol: so Libra926 said Chaos and it fits his personality so well. His papers are actually Tyson Chaos (so the hubby would leave me alone) He answers to either or, it was wierd how he seemed to just instantly know his name :p

Last edited:

Rosiesmom

Apr 3, 2011
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie aka Rosebud, Rosie Posie
I am obsessed with the TV show Roseanne, I've seen every episode a hundred times and can repeat nearly everyline from every show. So naturally, I wanted to name my first bulldog Rosie, after Roseanne Barr (after all, she kinda reminds me of a bulldog). Our next bulldog will be named Jackie-after Roseanne's sister on the show. Yup, obsessed.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.