Daily poll: Does your bulldog jump on people when they visit your home?

Does your bulldog jump on people when they visit your home?

• Yes

Votes: 29 50.9%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Sheldon is a work in progress...sometimes he does and sometimes he doesn't he is getting better but its because I try to encourage people to ignore him when they come in but people he is use to he doesn't jump on so much. He does with me because he knows I'll catch him kinda like a toddler jumping into their parents arms.

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
I answered NO but the Diva really likes to kiss little kids and tends to knock them down...but she did awesome last night with all the trick or treaters!

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Rave was a lot more crazy about greeting folks when they came. Now that she hit the big two she has mellowed some. Don't get me wrong she is front and center once someone shows up or the doorbell rings. The jumping has eased up some. She has to be right in the mix to see who is visiting her home.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Yes and it drives me nutso....it's my only complaint really with him. Now, if I know someone is coming we put his leash and collar on and put his leash on a door knob, once they come in and greet him we let him off - he just gets TOO excited.

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I chose other, because Mayhem does not jump on guests.....he jumps on my husband and I if he is not the center of attention. If hubby tries to give me a hug when he arrives, Mayhem will almost knock him down to get his attention.

This is exactly what Buster does to me when I try to hug my wife. He jumps on just about everyone that comes into the house and it's ONE thing we've not been able to control. I really hope he grows out of it.

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
This is exactly what Buster does to me when I try to hug my wife. He jumps on just about everyone that comes into the house and it's ONE thing we've not been able to control. I really hope he grows out of it.

Well, if you come up with a solution, please share it with me. He just gets so excited to see a family member that has been absent for a few hours, that he cannot contain his excitement :)

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
It depends. If it's me or hubs, then yes- he always jumps all over us, along with the butt wiggles. He also loves our vet (she does house calls) and one of her techs. He'll jump and wiggle for them as well.

Recently though, he decided he doesn't "love" everyone. In fact, there's some people he just dislikes, and we heard him growl for the first time last week. So much for my laid back puppy..

- - - Updated - - -

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
No, Brie is too busy doing her wiggle butt dance happy dance to jump on ppl...lol

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Yes and I am working on it to try and stop it, but if they patted him then he wouldn't jump on them.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
:ashamed: hangs head in shame ... yes my bullie babies jump on people and it makes me so :angry: but one day they will see things my way :lol:

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Yes & ashamed. We try to work with Tess but she gets so excited to see people. Rocky does not & I'm glad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
I wish I could say that she didnt. But she just gets way too excited! Which is not good. But we're trying to get better at that.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online