Daily poll: Does your bulldog jump on people when they visit your home?

Does your bulldog jump on people when they visit your home?

• Yes

Votes: 29 50.9%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Does your bulldog jump on people when they visit your home?
bullypoll.png

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Yes both of my girls! -i blame it on the hubby as he consistently goes against the "rules" of having them to sit and wait to be greeted ... They wont jump on me but hubby and few friends are quite happy to reinforce their jumping ;-(

s5nelson

Aug 28, 2013
Gaithersburg, MD
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
He never used to till people started encouraging him to jump. Now I have to stand there and tell him "NO!". *sigh*

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
he does and I do not like it........it's been a battle with him since the beginning !

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Bennie is a jumper... but he doesn't jumping if the person is making an effort to greet him, if not he jumps to make sure they know he's there:ashamed:

Boeboe just wants to sniff, she's not so into having contact with people but she loves to sniff:)

Joey is mostly trying to hump new people, and if she gets her lill arms around their leg they'll get it good, lol:blush: A "no" usually gets her to stop though so it's not so bad:)

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
All depends on who comes in...adults she could care less....kids on the other hand, she's jumping, pushing them over, wiggling, biting, doing anything to get their attention. She loves kids.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus will jump if you do not acknowlege him right away. Otherwise he pushes his entire wiggling body into you so you can rub every inch of his body. Little kids don't stand a chance. I have to put his harness on him and make him sit or else its mayhem.

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
I chose other, because Mayhem does not jump on guests.....he jumps on my husband and I if he is not the center of attention. If hubby tries to give me a hug when he arrives, Mayhem will almost knock him down to get his attention.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
They will both try to, but we are working on this. Blossom is better about sitting when we tell her too, but Dozer is my jumper. He's getting better, but he still will jump first, and then after several coaxing, he will eventually sit.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Some times she does but she is really good at the whole site and greet thing so it is not very often.

sillyheadbon

Mar 8, 2013
Mesa, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Tootsie Roll Schmitt
Toots is getting better with adults but she manages to knock over most kids and terrify them - she's just trying to give kisses but its a little scary when 40 lbs of bully knock you to the ground and slobber all over your face. I'm working on this behavior, but it's hard to break her of this habit! The other bad thing she will do is if you bend over to give her love, she will leap into your face to kiss you and has given me and several others a split lip! Too much friendly puppy in a big doggie body! :sneaky2:

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I put no but that can change fast. Rocco is starting to evolve behaviorally, as he recently started to occassionally hump. He's amost 5 months old now and I'm simply assuming he hasn't started the jumping phase yet.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sometimes ours will.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks used to, but we trained it out of her. Now she just wiggles butts them to death

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Ugh yes all the time!!! We try everything. But he just keeps doing it. Oh well! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.