Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
They basically have enough room to lay down and stretch out. The harness loops around the shoulder part of the belt...so about as much room as a person would when leaning forward. Orion is capable of standing and putting her paws on the armrest and putting her head out the window. They do have another type of harness device...works like a zip line.
I don't go anywhere without them locked into place. It just takes one person to ruin your day by being careless...and it really could be life or death for your bulldog. It could happen as you're pulling out of your developement on the way to the grocery store..or on your way to the post office.

[MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION]

Last edited:

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] ya i know we need to start doing it usually hes in my lap and i hold on to him... the only bad thing is when we go out of town the only place for lex to ride is in the middle in the front seat. wonder if it would latch to the lap belt in the middle? is there a way we can use the harness we have?

Last edited by a moderator:

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Is it a standard walking harness? Actually, to correct my previous post...the harness fits like a walking harness and it has a loop off the back. This loop is what you thread the buckle and belt thru. They also have a wide piece that fit over/lays against the chest...in case of a sudden stop, it prevents injury of the chest area of the dog. The harness does work just as well with a lap belt. You simply thread it thru the same loop on the back of the harness. Oh heck.....Orion wants to make you a video.

Last edited:

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
@Libra926 thank you and orion so much for doing that, that helped out alot!!! o and tell orion that she doesnt need to be sucking in for the videos ;) such a girl.... hehe
he has a regular walking harness that doesnt have that big loop where the seat belt goes through. you can kinda see it in the first pic i posted up top.. i'll have to see if i can make the reg harness work for just this trip and later on we can upgrade to a better one.

again thank you so much!!! i think vegas thought you and orion where gonna go for a ride without him....

Last edited:
OP
TessaAndSamson

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
i'll have to see if i can make the reg harness work for just this trip and later on we can upgrade to a better one.

[MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] We don't have one of these special harnesses for our beagle Loki because she obnoxious in the car so most of the time she is kenneled. But for the few times I have strapped her in I put her in her regular harness, then use a spare collar to latch around where you clip the leash to on their back and you have yourself a loop to put the seat belt thru!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Just want to say that I LOVE all the photos and definitely love little Vegas' face in the video!!! He SO cute!!! [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow great video [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] I am sold!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Wow great video [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] I am sold!

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] and [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] I am sold too ... where can I buy an Orion and a Vegas ..... :lol: :luv:

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
We use a leash that attaches to her collar and the seatbelt, she can sit and lay. :D
What happens if you are in a rollover accident and you are left upside down? Is there some sort of chest protection so that all the pressure isn't on her neck? [MENTION=1217]Lacey28[/MENTION]

**update, Lacey28 did PM me to let me know that she meant she uses a harness...not a collar**:whew:

Last edited:

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
When we travel they are crated. I should look into harness belts, but when we're home they very rarely come in the car. Maybe they'll start, now that it's not so hot. But I still wouldn't take them out and then leave them in the car. I rarely go anywhere that I don't leave the car and go in.

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I guess that would be okay as long as you were using a harness. Do you just clip it to the leash or harness then buckle it into the seat belt? I'm having a hard time picturing how it would work. Since the belt latch is usually towards the middle of the car..if they wanted to hang thier head out the window ...would they have enough give room?

OP
TessaAndSamson

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I'm having a hard time picturing how it would work.QUOTE]

This is what I was talking about, seatbelt goes thru the loop just like on the easy rider. Isn't the best solution, doesn't have the chest protection but it's a nice short term solution.

harness.jpg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.