• Total voters

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
We recently bought a car harness for Stig. But sometimes I ride in the back seat with him when his harness isn't on, but only when it's a 5 minute drive to where we're going.

Last edited:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Mine are loose but I don't take them out that often. I think I would consider a harness if we were going somewhere longer so they would be safer and also so they would not distract me while I drive, which I know is very, very dangerous.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Mine are loose but I don't take them out that often. I think I would consider a harness if we were going somewhere longer so they would be safer and also so they would not distract me while I drive, which I know is very, very dangerous.

100% DITTO on this!

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] what size harness did you get? i need to get butler one, and here is why:

my hubby is a cop and he went to a call two weeks ago, it was an old couple from canada coming to their winter home here in arizona who had been t-boned by an old romanian woman. The old couple had their dog (some white fluffy dog) in the backseat and the force of the impact launched her out of the car and into the street. she obviously died and the older couple was devastated! the old lady wrapped betsy up in a blanket and was holding her doggie crying her eyes out. the husband was crying because "she's been our best friend for the last 8 years, there's never been a better dog" ugh, how sad!!!!

OP
TessaAndSamson

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] what size harness did you get? i need to get butler one, and here is why:

my hubby is a cop and he went to a call two weeks ago, it was an old couple from canada coming to their winter home here in arizona who had been t-boned by an old romanian woman. The old couple had their dog (some white fluffy dog) in the backseat and the force of the impact launched her out of the car and into the street. she obviously died and the older couple was devastated! the old lady wrapped betsy up in a blanket and was holding her doggie crying her eyes out. the husband was crying because "she's been our best friend for the last 8 years, there's never been a better dog" ugh, how sad!!!!

Hmm I'll have to look at it when I get home, not sure. I got it a long time ago when Samson was really young so I bought it big enough for him to grow into. I know when I bought it I tried the different ones on at the store to find the right fit. I got it at Petsmart, this is what we have: Top Paw&reg Easy Rider Car Harness - Seat Belts/Harnesses - Travel - PetSmart

Oh wow thats terrible, how sad! When Samson was young I worried about him crawling all over the car and all the issues that can cause. Now days he just lays down and is a real good boy in the car but I still buckle him in because I live in the Los Angeles area. We have the worst traffic, many times I have to make a sudden stop and I don't want him flying forward. And of course want to prevent terrible incidents like this sad story of the poor fluffy pup :(

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
well Since we dont travel to far and hardly ever take our bullies out, they are loose in the back seat of the truck... they for the most part lay down and sleep the whole time.. If we were to go on a long trip (if Bullies came) They would be crated....

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
this is how lex rides around town in between the door and my leg

IMG_9960[1].jpgIMG_0230[1].jpg

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
90% of ALL accidents happen within 25 miles of home!
Having stated that fact, Gracie is loose in the back with the seat bottom folded down so she isnt sitting up high. We need to get her a harness strap or sumptin'.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
We have harnesses for our two also. We started off with the one in the picture...but as Vegas grew, the harness started to slip off his shoulders. So, we started using the Easy Riders from Petsmart. They must a hot item...when my Yukon was broken into last Feb, they stole both Vegas and Orion's seat belts. :down: Vegas has the Large and O uses a medium. They fit well and are adjustable. Vegas is awesome when seatbelted. He just sits and chills. Orion will sometimes be a good girl, other times she gets herself wound up and tied up in the seatbelt. If we are going on a longer trip, we will put O in a crate. She likes to mess with Vegas and it's just easier to give her a stinky bear in her kennel and put a blanket over the kennel and listen to her snore.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
we usually dont go far with lex and he is really good in the car doesnt move around much he kinda just sits and watches kinda like the pic in the gingerbread house.... i know i need to get one especially since next weekend we are driving 6 hours for christmas and i know he will need something espcially when i'll be the only one awake for the most part i'll need something to make sure stays incase he gets restless.

[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] when in hte harness how much "Freedom" do they have?

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.