Daily poll: How does your bulldog react to you dressing them up??

How does your bulldog react to you dressing them up??

• Excitement

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Stinkeye

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Freezes

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Indifference

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Terror!

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Other

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
Chesty don't mind getting dressed its taking it off I have the issues with...he will bite or paw at his shirt almost like he don't want it off.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Gio and Princess will both give me the stink eye at first but they really don't mind dressing up. Diva on the other hand LOVES dressing up and wearing clothes! She loves the reaction from people, a true Diva!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Lily and Shy are ok -hubby isnt so keen on taking them out "looking odd"

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgMy hubby says I abuse our guys, when I dress them, lol. I love dressing them up, but I mostly use t-shirts because Dozer always likes to chase his sister and rip her. clothes off. He ripped the skirt off her Mrs Claus costume last year, and pulled it off right over her head. Dozer fights me when I try to dress him, even if its a coat or a sweater, he tries to jump up and grab the clothes, but once it's on, he's okay. He just gives me the biggest stink eyes, which seem to say Oh Mom, why do you do this to me? Here are some pictures of their major stink eyes.

Last edited:

Daphnee

Apr 7, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
daphnee
She fights me like crazy for the initial fitting, then she knows she's on camera and pretty much behaves. LOVES, LOVES, halloween.. she knows that she will see people.. Literally, we have people that come by every year just to see her.. Now we have kids that have grown up and bring their little siblings and remember her..

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
they become absolute hellions!! They rip, tear, drag each other around, they are horrible. They will do anything to get out of wearing anything. No clothes or adornments for my girls. I am attempting bandanas for Christmas but I haven't had much luck. They see me coming and automatically head for the hills. They take cover under the dinning room chairs and move with each chair if you try to get them. I am jealous of anyone able to get their bullies to wear costumes.
HA! HA! I am with you on that! I had a costume-and couldn't put it on anyone, Just to put it on, I would have to take one in a seperate room and lock the others out. Then when we came out of the room, the clothes would be ripped off! I was kinda' sad that I couldn't dress anyone up! No treats here, just tricks!

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
If you have seen the pics I posted w Brie's shark fin n dragon costume, you'll agree it's the stink eye...lol

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Emma totally freezes up and will not move. Wilson not too amused either. Jack, he loves being dressed up and Sally hasn't been dressed up yet but she's a go with the flow type of Bully.

LexiLou

Nov 20, 2013
outside of Seattle, WA
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Lexi Lou and our Bully angel Libby.
Lex is not a fan either. She will freeze an give the most pitiful look.

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 53

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Both Amber and Ruby turn into crazy fools when you try to dress them. They absolutely lose their minds. I tried to get them to wear a hat this weekend for our Christmas card pictures and I ended up clicking the picture without hats because they were too busy trying to destroy each others hat. Madness I tell you.

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
She hates getting put on.. She does these lil bites on my arms and legs and they hurt so bad!!! And once its on shes ok.. Its like she forgets its on then she tries her best to get it off again... UGh!

IPickedADaisy

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Apr 11, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
Daisy hates everything I "try" to put on her. If I actually get it on, she spins around like a lunatic trying to make it fall off her I guess. The worst was that jockey costume for halloween--she spun around & that poor guy was in her mouth in less than a second. He didn't have a chance. I told the lady at Petsmart the next time I try to buy clothes to remind me it's not going to work out.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I don't really dress mine up, Diesel doesn't like it and will just freeze in one spot ... Molly has a sweatshirt, she doesn't seem to mind it and when she is cold, she seems to be happy to have it on ... Madison has a sweatshirt and when she lived with me the first time (she lived with someone else for 3 years) she wore cloths a lot and she prances around in them.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online