Daily poll: Where did you get your bulldog?

Where did you get your bulldog?

• From a breeder

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • From a pet store

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Ad online

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ad in local publication

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Craigslist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • From an acquaintance

• Rescue orginization

• Other

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Where did you get your bulldog?
bullypoll.png

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We owned Winston's Momma Bella... so after he was born, he came home w/us to live in his forever home!!! :D

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
We rescued our first dog and that did not go well at all. We then searched for months on petfinder.com and in the paper with no luck . Every ad on craigslist was a fake... And so I was about to give up when I found a breeder a couple hours away and we saw that lil mean looking face and we knew we just had to have her.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
A lady had been selling puppies for a while the store was called the Smoochie Poochie and we didn't know the things we now know but honestly if I had known then I would have taken both Sheldon and his sister that was there with him and turned her in a lot sooner. I still have nightmares about where and what those babies had to live and endure. I'm just glad I walked in there that day and looked down into the sweetest little face I had ever seen....I fell in love!!!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I searched high and low for many years for a breeder that i felt met the standards I set. I am glad i took my time, but our next one is definitely going to be a rescue if possible.

Texkota

Jun 21, 2012
South Riding, VA
Bulldog(s) Names
Renzo
We used the Bulldog Club of America's Breeder Referral Program to find a reputable breeder....we couldn't be happier.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Ruthie came from a puppy mill and went into rescue. a HORRIBLE rescue at that. Ruthie ended up not being spayed like it said on the contract she came with, she went through a heat cycle. It was just a mess along with all her other issues. Ruthie is the best thing that happened to us and if I had to do it again, I would. I would also still rescue and plan on it next time around.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I wanted a rescue, but I had never had a dog before and they would not consider me. I eventually went to a breeder and found my baby! Don't know how I lived without him!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
I was able to find a great breeder and through my babies I've learned so much about rescue - any future pets will be rescues.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I had seen an advertisement for bulldogs and called the lady and she advised her bullies were all sold but knew a very good breeder in Tucson. I went to the website she had given me did my research then looked at the puppies available and went through a screening process with the breeder. We picked out Amber right away and after having her for 6 months knew we wanted another bully so we went back and got on the list for Ambers sister Ruby.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Stig was from a breeder and Punkin from my bf's coworker's boyfriend's friend. Both were "unplanned" babies. lol.

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
Spent a lot of time researching breeders and found June's breeder when she was only 2 weeks old so I was able to watch her grow. Longest 6 weeks of my life, but worth every second!

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I wanted a bulldog for years. I started looking in April of this year, checked out a few breeders, and finally honed in on one. Read reviews from people who had purchased a pup or multiple pups from them and they were all positive. Rocco was born on June 7 and I put deposit down for pick of the litter June 8. I couldn't help it after seeing the new born litter pics! By July 3, I knew he was the one and traveled down to VA Aug 3 to pick him up! Breeder sent me weekly pics through the whole process until the time FINALLY came to go get him. Left at 5 am that day and couldn't sleep before that lol

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
We got Stinky from a breeder with a one year health guarantee. I still talk to the breeder "Angie" on the phone and internet. We have become friends.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We breed our own, except for the original two of course. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online