If you had the chance....

If the there ever came a day where cloning was acceptable...would you clone your English Bulldog?

• Absolutely...without a doubt, I'd do it right now!

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Nope! Never! Are you kidding me?

Votes: 13 61.9%

• Total voters

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Please feel free to tell us why!

Last edited:

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
i would lex has been awesome dont know what i'll do when its time for him to leave us :*(

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
As much as I love love love my bullies, I would never ever clone them or anything or anybody for that matter. I just feel that people are "playing God" In my heart I would not feel right in doing so. God put all of us here for a reason and when our times are up they are up and We should just treasure that time...

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
If you've ever lost one, you know you'd give anything to have him or her back.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Even though I loved this poll...I was hesitant to vote in it. I love both Vegas and Orion tremendously...but I don't think I'd clone them. Vegas has a rough life already and I wouldn't wish it on his clone. But I can say...I don't think I will ever own another breed. Each individual bulldog has their own unique personality. I look forward to the day I get to bring more beautiful bulldogs into my home...but until then, I have my own amusing duo to fill my life each day with a fresh batch of bullytude and caos.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
No because as much as I love my boys, no clone could be the same. Would be like cheating on Cutty after he was gone or something.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Well said [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION].... I feel the same way about our Princess Gracie....... Love her to death but wouldnt want to load her shortcomings onto a clone. And wouldn't cloning take some of the 'adventure' out of having a bullie??? ;)

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
If you've ever lost one, you know you'd give anything to have him or her back.

I think that is how I will feel the moment Samson leaves me. I can't say at this point I would want to clone him but I have a feeling the moment he passes I would wish I could have. I could not possibly put into words the love I have for that little boy, I always tell Samson that he is the love of my life and that he is "my pride and joy, my little boy." I just can't even bare the idea of him not being there, I DREAD the day I will have to deal with losing him. Oh goodness I am tearing up!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I think that is how I will feel the moment Samson leaves me. I can't say at this point I would want to clone him but I have a feeling the moment he passes I would wish I could have. I could not possibly put into words the love I have for that little boy, I always tell Samson that he is the love of my life and that he is "my pride and joy, my little boy." I just can't even bare the idea of him not being there, I DREAD the day I will have to deal with losing him. Oh goodness I am tearing up!

I think it's easy to say no when you have your dogs with you and you can't imagine a day without them and I would've probably answered the same way until I lost Bentley. The love outweighs the grief but I would do anything to have my best friend back again, to pet that big head a few more times, to cuddle him on the couch for just a few more minutes after I've put Linus to bed, to have that wet puss rest on my laptop when I'm trying to work...I miss him and would do anything to have him back with me.

Okay, that made me cry too!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I voted no ... but I've never lost any of my bullies, so I can understand how my feelings may change when it does happen.

However, having Maggie and then having Daddy and seeing how their two BIG BULLIE personalities are so different, it is a pleasure to discover little different parts of their character each minute of every day.

Nobody could replace my baby girl, Maggie ... not even another Maggie.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I think it's easy to say no when you have your dogs with you and you can't imagine a day without them and I would've probably answered the same way until I lost Bentley. The love outweighs the grief but I would do anything to have my best friend back again, to pet that big head a few more times, to cuddle him on the couch for just a few more minutes after I've put Linus to bed, to have that wet puss rest on my laptop when I'm trying to work...I miss him and would do anything to have him back with me.

Okay, that made me cry too!

What a cycle! Now your post made me tear up!

Frankie's Mama

Jul 9, 2014
Muskegon, MI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank the Tank Bowne AKA "Frankie"
YES!!!! I seriously love my Frankie like I gave birth to him!! :yes: He makes me smile, laugh, cry, ugh.. I just love him sooooo much!!

H

HoldenIron

God makes each and everyone of them special. Like a set of fingerprints, no two in the world is or should be the same.

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
I have lost a dog before that we had for 12 years but...I wouldn't clone Goob (though a part of me would want to desperately). I agree with some of the other posts who believe that God creates uniqueness in everything He's made. There are SO many bullies being bred and in foster homes currently. I would want to give one of them a chance at a good life just like we did with Goob. I would fall in love with them just like with Mr. Goob but for their own cute qualities. I know that they could have some of the same quirks and it would be a joy to discover.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.